Senior Systems Analyst
About Westfield State University:
In 1839, Westfield State University was founded on the ideals of Horace Mann who sought to improve society through education. We were the first public education institution without barrier to race, gender or economic class. The spirit of innovative thinking and social responsibility is forged in a curriculum of liberal arts and professional studies contributing to the development of knowledge, skills, and character essential for students to become responsible leaders and engaged citizens.
Westfield State is a highly residential campus with approximately 55% of our 3,100 full-time undergraduate students living on campus. The campus is ideally situated on the edge of the Berkshire Mountains in western Massachusetts just 30 minutes from the thriving cultural centers of Springfield, Northampton, and Amherst with a selection of museums, theater, collegiate and minor league sports, hiking trails, and restaurants. The University is within 1.5 hours of Boston and Albany and within 3 hours of New York City and the Green Mountain range of Vermont.Thank You for Your Interest in Becoming a Westfield State Community Member
You are welcome here. You can advance your career and make a difference here. We invite you to bring your whole self and talents to Westfield State University. The University seeks applicants whose record of teaching, student advising, research, and administration positions them to contribute to the everyday practice of our institutional values.Our Values
Westfield State commits to values that strengthen a common bond among all members of our community and promotes a rich campus environment.
- Embrace Diversity - We treat all members of our community with dignity and respect.
- Maintain Excellence and Integrity - We maintain excellence and integrity in all that we do.
- Collaborate with Each Other - We make decisions in a transparent and collaborative manner.
- Provide Accessible Education - We commit to providing an accessible, affordable public higher education for all.
- Build a Strong Community - We are inclusive and ensure equity, supporting the personal development of all community members, and embracing multiple perspectives.
- Engage the Outside Community - We support civic engagement in local, regional, and global initiatives.
Job Description:Campus Title:
Senior Systems AnalystState Job Title:
Information and Instructional Technology Job Code:
Full-Time, Permanent Timeframe:
Monday-Friday, 9:00a.m.-5:00p.m.Regular Days Off:
Saturday and SundaySupervision Received:
The Senior Systems Analyst reports to the Associate Director of Enterprise Systems.Supervision Exercised:
$80,000-$85,000 (To commensurate with education and experience) General Statement of Duties:
The Senior Systems Analyst is a key resource on the Enterprise Systems team, responsible for accurate data analysis and custom programming in support of the Westfield State University strategic goals and mission. Responsibilities include analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and administration of enterprise applications. The senior systems analyst can multi-task, prioritize and manage their time effectively working independently or at times as a member of a project team. Duties and Responsibilities:Duties include but not limited to:Essential:
- Possess a thorough understanding of the PL/SQL language to define, query and manipulate data within an Oracle database.
- Develop and maintain SQL scripts to import, export and or repair data within the Ellucian Banner student information system.
- Coordinates to identify, define, develop, test, and maintain Oracle database scripts, views, triggers, functions, and packages to meet evolving business needs of the University.
- Analyze high-level technical issues presented by end-users and develop solutions to resolve them.
- Submits support cases with software vendors, and coordinates with university staff for case troubleshooting to resolution.
- Provides technical support for university supported reporting tools, including but not limited to, development of reports, dashboards, and data blocks in support of the needs of University departments.
- Assists end users with reporting processes.
- Provides primary technical support for the Ellucian DegreeWorks software system.
- Provides support and guidance as needed to OIT staff engaged in similar functions.
- Provides technical support to assist in ongoing efforts related to data governance.
- Develops and maintains processes within the Broadcom automation system.
- Actively responds when assigned cases OIT support desk online ticket system.
- Maintains clear, concise, and descriptive documentation on solutions offered and applications developed or modified.
- Supports all ongoing efforts to reinforce data security and integrity.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant professional certification with 5 years of experience which must include at least 2 years of experience in application programming with either Ellucian Banner or Oracle SQL.
- 1 year experience with Linux operating systems.
- 3 years progressive experience with Ellucian Banner
- 1-year of Higher Education experience
- Strong analytical skills
Salaries for current Westfield State University employees and individuals currently working for the state of Massachusetts must be calculated individually in accordance with collective bargaining agreements as well as state policies. State job specifications may be found on the Department of Higher Education's webpage
Benefits are an important component of an employee's total compensation package.
- Health Insurance: Westfield State offers a variety of HMO, POS, and PPO-type health insurance plans for eligible employees with coverage effective on the 1st of the month following the 60 days of employment.
- Retirement: the MA State Employee Retirement System provides eligible employees with a retirement pension following a 10-year vesting period. In lieu of the retirement pension, eligible employees may select the Optional Retirement Plan with a maximum 5% employer matching contribution.
- Tuition Waivers & Discounts: eligible employees, including spouses and dependent children, receive reduced tuition at MA state colleges, community colleges, and universities.
- Paid Time Off: employees receive 11 paid holidays and generous vacation, personal, and sick leave benefits.
- Additional information regarding employee benefits is available on the University's Benefits & Wellness webpage.
Westfield State University is committed to the full inclusion of individuals with disabilities and will ensure the availability of reasonable accommodations. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (413) 572-8809 or visit us in the Horace Mann Building, 1st floor.Background Check
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion and review of a background check. A criminal record will not automatically disqualify an applicant from consideration.
Application Instructions:An on-line application is required.
The successful candidate must submit an official transcript at the time of hire. Interested candidates should electronically attach the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three references *
- Copy of unofficial transcript of highest degree
* Provide the contact information for reference providers in the reference section of the online application.
Deadline: The job posting will be open a minimum of ten days and, if needed, will remain open until finalists have been selected. NOTE: If you need assistance completing your application please contact our online Help Desk. The link to the help desk can be found at the top of the page via Contact Us.
To apply, visit https://westfield.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=167168&CNTRNO=9&TSTMP=0
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency