Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
You are invited to submit an application to be included in the general pool of candidates from which qualified faculty roles will be filled. The number of positions varies depending on the needs of the department and there is no guarantee that an open position currently exists. Appointments are renewed based on departmental need and teaching performance. Classes may be day or evening. Rank and compensation are based on experience and academic credentials.
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to nearly 48,000 students, about 11,000 faculty and staff and 332,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 public research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.65 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.
The Myron Ullman, Jr. School of Design(SOD) aims to prepare its students to be skilled professionals who can ably work in local and global markets while respecting the diversity of the human community. SOD is innovative in teaching and in transforming the design disciplines by infusing learning with the newest design thinking methods and technologies. Through inspired interdisciplinary projects and solid corporate partnerships, SOD is devoted to furthering its role as a leading design institution.
Our undergraduate and graduate programs empower students in our School of Design with a core of knowledge that provides a solid educational base. Our students are prepared for careers in fashion, communication design, and industrial design by a passionate faculty, rigorous academic endeavors, and a world-class professional practice (co-op) program.
Fashion Design Undergraduate Adjunct Instructors support the mission of the program by teaching core curriculum courses. All instructors are representative of the program, so it is important that this role is met with professionalism at all levels. Also expected is a dedication to excellence regarding the academic experience of our students. Adjunct Instructors may be asked to communicate and collaborate with other faculty members of multi-section courses but will not be asked to develop new course syllabi on their own. On a part-time limited basis, the Adjunct Faculty member’s primary academic functions include teaching, discovering, creating, and reporting knowledge to a diverse set of students.Essential Functions
- On a part-time basis, conduct and teach assigned undergraduate courses, studios, lectures, and/or seminars.
- Engage in other activities ancillary to or in support of teaching responsibilities (preparation, grading, critique, etc.)
- Review, and where necessary, respond in a timely manner to all University-related communications.
Additional Qualifications Considered
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design or a closely related field and a minimum of 5 years industry experience OR a Master’s Degree in Fashion Design or closely related field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present complex material to students.
- Ability to work and collaborate with individuals across the department/program, school, and University.
- Expertise across the Adobe CC suite of products, specifically Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe InDesign.
- Expertise drawing technical flat sketches using Adobe Illustrator and a strong understanding of communicating technical details.
- Experience developing digital mood/concept boards with consideration to composition and layout.
- Contemporary knowledge of fashion design portfolio development and presentation.
Complete an 'Applicant Profile' and officially apply by submitting your online application. Please upload the following:
Compensation and Benefits
- "Letter of Interest" which clearly states your area of teaching experience.
- Portfolio as a link or web address only. (No more than 2MB)
- Please use the 'Additional Documents' option as needed for these items.
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
To learn more about why UC is a great place to work, please visit our careers page at https://www.uc.edu/careers.html
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN SF:IHE