Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
You are invited to submit an application to be included in the general pool of candidates from which qualified faculty roles will be filled. The number of positions varies depending on the needs of the department and there is no guarantee that an open position currently exists. Appointments are renewed based on departmental need and teaching performance. Classes may be day or evening. Rank and compensation are based on experience and academic credentials.
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to nearly 48,000 students, about 11,000 faculty and staff and 332,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 public research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
About UC Blue Ash
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.65 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.
The Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science Department at UC Blue Ash invites applicants for our Physics Adjunct faculty general pool of candidates from which part-time faculty will be selected for the upcoming term (as needed). Job Overview
The University of Cincinnati Blue Ash College is one of the largest regional colleges in Ohio and one of the most diverse colleges at the University of Cincinnati. The college is in Blue Ash, Ohio, fifteen miles north of the uptown campus, on 135 acres in a park-like setting. We offer primarily associate degrees in career and transition programs, as well as general education courses and technical baccalaureate degrees to approximately 4800 students. We value excellent teaching and personalized student supports to help students achieve their goals, whether the goal is to enter a career or to continue education. The college is a recipient of the Cincinnati Business Courier 2021 Best Places to Work award.
On a part-time limited basis, the Adjunct Faculty member’s primary academic functions include teaching, discovering, creating, and reporting knowledge to a diverse set of students.
Adjunct faculty must be able to teach introductory physics, algebra and calculus-based first year physics courses and labs. Courses offered may include day, evening, or online. Adjunct faculty members will be expected to (1) use our course management system (Canvas) and any textbook-specific systems; (2) hold regular office hours to meet with students; and (3) participate in at least one professional development workshop per year. Essential Functions
- On a part-time basis, teach assigned undergraduate courses.
- Using best practices, continually evaluate student coursework.
- Engage in other activities ancillary to or in support of their responsibilities.
- Review and respond in a timely manner to all University-related and student communications.
A Master’s Degree (or higher) in Physics, Physics Education, or a related field.Required Experience
Previous teaching experience is required.Additional Qualifications Considered
Compensation and Benefits
- Knowledge of issues in physics education and knowledge of technology relevant to physics and classroom pedagogy.
- Experience teaching in a college setting.
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
To learn more about why UC is a great place to work, please visit our careers page at https://www.uc.edu/careers.html
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN SF:IHE