Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to nearly 48,000 students, about 11,000 faculty and staff and 332,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 public research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.65 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.
About the Lindner College of Business
As part of a thriving, top-25 research university in a city with many Fortune 500 companies, the Lindner College of Business delivers academic excellence with an emphasis on experiential learning in a multi-disciplinary environment, adding real-world value to students and the communities they serve. The brand new, 225,000-square-foot facility opened in Fall 2019 firmly positions Lindner among the nation’s best business schools with high growth potential.
The college enrolls approximately 4,000 undergraduate students and 1,000 graduate students and provides them with unique opportunities to build professional experience, cultural competency and leadership skills through co-operative education, internships, field-study research and cross-disciplinary studios. In living and breathing this promise every day, we provide a truly unique educational experience for our students. In particular, the Master’s in Information Systems program is ranked 15th among U.S. universities by Eduniversal, and the Master’s in Business Analytics program has been named as the No.1 MS in Data Science school in the country by Predictive Analytics Today. UC’s Center for Business Analytics serves organizations’ information systems needs to be best-in-class in data-driven decision making. The Center brings together academia and practice by connecting faculty and students with member companies through symposiums, training, and problem-solving including student projects and internships. Learn more about us at https://business.uc.edu/Job Overview
The Carl H. Lindner College of Business, Department of Operations, Business Analytics, and Information Systems (OBAIS), invites applications for a non-tenure track position at the level of Assistant Professor - Educator. This is a teaching and service position, with no research requirements.
Initial appointment is up to three years and can be renewed. Anticipated course load is 12 credit hours per semester (approximately 4 undergraduate courses, 6 graduate courses, or some combination of the two).
This search will remain open until the position is filled. Desired start date is August 2024.Essential Functions
Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in subjects such as but not limited to: Digital Technologies for Business, Systems Analysis and Design, Enterprise Architecture, Computer Programming, and Business Intelligence. In all these subjects, faculty will be expected to incorporate the latest technology trends, including tools and services such as generative AI and cloud technology.
- Course preparation and curriculum development.
- Delivering course content and leading hands-on exercise labs.
- Holding office hours.
- Grading and preparing assessment materials.
- Classes may include face-to-face and online versions.
Additional responsibilities will entail:
- Participating in curriculum/course development.
- Developing distance learning courses.
- Education-related service activities, such as advising student organizations, academic standards review, and community outreach activities such as meeting with local schools and businesses about our academic programs (e.g., student recruitment, job placement, curriculum and standards reviews).
- Faculty are expected to be student-centered in all activities such as interacting with students, the business community, and connecting students with the business community.
All of the following prior to effective date of appointment:
(1) Master's degree in Information Systems, Data Science or related field.
(2) A total of at least 5 calendar years (60 months) of experience including all of the following, which may have been gained concurrently:
- 3 calendar years (36 months) of experience using one or more of the following analytics tools: PowerBI, R, SPSS, Cognos, Tableau, or Python OR 3 calendar years (36 months) of experience using one or more of the following computer programming languages: Python, SQL, JAVA, C#, or Linux; AND
- 3 academic years (21 months) of experience teaching at the college level OR 3 calendar years (36 months) of industry experience using at least one of the following: machine learning or cloud technology.
Create applicant profile and submit an online application. Attach the following documents to your application.
Compensation and Benefits
- Cover Letter
- List of references (3) – names and contact information. Should we move forward with your application we will contact references.
- Two-page narrative describing your teaching and education philosophy.
- Please use the Additional Documents option as needed for these documents.
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
To learn more about why UC is a great place to work, please visit our careers page at https://www.uc.edu/careers.html
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN SF:IHE