Assistant Professor, NursingPosition Type:
FacultyStatus of Position:
Tenure Track FacultyUnion:
The department of nursing is seeking a full-time, tenure track faculty member as a member of a teaching team to provide classroom, skill lab and clinical instruction to nursing students. Evaluation, curriculum development and academic advising are an integral part of this position.Reporting Relationship:
Direct reporting relationship to the Dean of Allied Health and Emergency Services.Minimum Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Nursing.
- Two years experience as a practicing nurse.
- Valid Illinois and Indiana nursing license.
- Working knowledge of an Associate Degree Nursing program/philosophy.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills necessary to interface with students and the general public.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computers and their common instructional applications.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Compliance with ACEN standards and competencies
Anticipated Work Hours and Days:
- One year teaching experience in nursing.
- Knowledge/experience in medical/surgical clinical settings.
Per Union ContractPosting Date:
09/05/2023Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
All applications must be submitted electronically. For full consideration, apply by September 15, 2023.