The Office of the Registrar is an Oregon State University mission-critical unit. We serve as an innovative partner, providing a clear path for student success. Institutional integrity is ensured through our strict adherence to confidentiality. We provide enrollment and instructional services, maintain academic history, and offer support services to students, staff, and faculty. We are able to provide continual outstanding service because of our commitments to excellence, equity, collaboration and innovation. The Office of the Registrar is dedicated to providing a welcoming and inclusive work environment, in which each individual is treated with dignity and respect and is valued for their contribution to student success at Oregon State University. The Project Coordinator position in the Office of the Registrar is a member of the Projects & Communications team. This position is responsible for coordinating the administrative tasks, collecting, analyzing, and presenting data associated with projects in the Office of the Registrar. Collaboration, communication, and organization are important aspects of this position for building and maintaining strong partnerships across the institution. Success in this position includes the ability to pivot quickly within an ever-changing environment; comfort with ambiguity and flexibility are important. Position Duties (see job posting for details)
- 50% Project Coordination
- 20% Data Collection, Analysis & Reporting
- 20% Project Planning
- 5% Staff Development
- 5% Other duties as assigned
Four years of experience as an executive assistant, administrative analyst, researcher or administrative officer which included administrative duties, provision of technical assistance, or operations review. Two of the required years must have included administration or oversight of an on-going project or program. A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Public Administration or a closely-related field may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience. There is no substitution for the two years of administrative experience. Preference may be given to individuals with experience in a specialty area specific to the position opening.
Additional Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated leadership, collaboration, and relationship building in a team environment.
- Excellent listening, writing, and communicating skills to reach audiences of different technical and occupational backgrounds.
- Experience in developing and organizing project-related documents with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated skills in working under pressure with stakeholders who have competing priorities.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Higher education experience.
- Training, education, or experience with project management, business analysis or Lean Six Sigma.
- Experience creating and presenting process maps, summary reports and visuals of data analysis findings.
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders, with competing priorities, in a high stakes’ environment. Ability to work within an environment where ambiguity and the ability to pivot quickly are commonplace.
- Demonstrated expertise utilizing Microsoft Office applications; Excel, Word, and Outlook.