Executive Director of Business and Financial ServicesClassification Title:
Director/Executive DirectorMin Salary:
E = ExemptPosition Type::
Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, the Executive Director of Business and Financial Services supervises the activities of payroll and accounting. Acting as system coordinator for financial modules on the Ellucian Colleague Database Management System, the Executive Director works closely with the Chief Financial Officer to manage State, Local and Institutional funds and budgets, move money between investment accounts, accounting operations and student refund processes, and provide State and Federal financial reporting for the college.Required Education/Experience::
This position is also responsible for internal control processes and procedures to include completion of the statewide internal control program called Enhancing Accountability in Government through Leadership and Education (EAGLE) . Works with Financial Aid and Accounts Receivable to do all Department of Education’s G5 funding draws and reconciliations. Partners with Grant Director on all college grants, to include creating new General Ledger codes, creating reimbursement requests to reimburse grants, and working with Accounts Receivable to ensure funds are receipted correctly.
This position provides college wide training on budgets and general ledger questions/issues, creates and grants general ledger access in WebAdvisor/Self-service to college employees, while also oversees and approves all institutional, county and State (Core) transactions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities::
- NC Community College experience, or experience with governmental accounting, or experience with Ellucian’s Colleague Database Management System is preferred.
- 5 years of accounting experience with supervisory experience is preferred.
- CPA or eligibility to obtain CPA licensure is preferred.
Knowledge in: Supervisory principles; Financial management principles, practices, and procedures; Budgeting principles; Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) principles; EAGLE internal control submission; Applicable Federal, State and local laws, rules, and regulations; Report preparation techniques.Department::
08/30/2023Open Until Filled:
YesDuty and Responsibility::
1. Supervises staff to include: prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff are trained; ensuring that employees follow policies and procedures; maintaining a healthy and safe working environment; and making hiring, termination, and disciplinary recommendations.Duty and Responsibility::
2. Maintains and reconciles a variety of ledgers, accounts and investments, including the general ledger; examines all accounting transactions to ensure accuracy; corrects financial records as necessary.Duty and Responsibility::
3. Ensures internal control processes are adequate to ensure the protection of college assets. Control activities will include monitoring and reviewing process and procedures for accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll. Position responsible for EAGLE completion.Duty and Responsibility::
4. Coordinates the activities of the accounting function, which includes coordinating projects and ensuring compliance with Federal, State, and local laws, regulations, codes, and/or standards.Duty and Responsibility::
5. Prepares a variety of management fiscal and organizational reports; including ad-hoc reports; compiles, organizes and analyzes financial and statistical data.