The Associate Director - Graduate Programs is a critical member of the Recruiting and Admission team in the Kellstadt Graduate School of Business. Reporting to the Director of Recruiting and Admission and located at the Loop campus, the Associate Director has the primary responsibility for managing the admission funnel and Assistant Directors that work the admissions funnel. Specifically, the Associate Director manages the people, processes and activities that support driving prospects from inquiry to admission. Based in the Loop, this Associate Director will travel for recruitment and will work evenings and weekends as needed. This position will use Slate and PeopleSoft. The Associate Director will collaborate with other University departments that support the Kellstadt Graduate School of Business and will proactively engage with prospective students, faculty and Kellstadt colleagues.
What You'll Do:
- Manages the admission funnel through proactively reaching out and responding in a timely and accurate manner to all student inquiries by phone, e-mail, or in person. Proactively and professionally contact prospective students with incomplete applications. Ensures that admitted students are aware of the next steps involved in matriculation and enrollment.
- Manages recruitment initiatives. This includes working with affinity groups, corporations, educational institutions and professional communities located locally, state-wide, nationally and/or internationally. Participates in off-campus recruiting events and information sessions. Facilitates appropriate targeted outreach efforts to affinity groups, corporations, educational institutions and professional communities to support the enrollment goals of the Kellstadt Graduate School of Business. Develops industry knowledge understand the needs of the institutions and groups in the area. Proactively communicates with the groups and institutions and facilitate opportunities for collaboration, enrollment expansion, and program development.
- Actively participates in and provide oversight for all Kellstadt recruiting events including on-campus and corporate on-site recruiting activities. Collects and assists with data analysis regarding recruitment activities. Assist in preparing reports.
- Manages a team of professional staff. This will include coordination of the recruitment and admissions funnel.
- Supports Director of Admissions and Recruitment with implementation of a comprehensive marketing plan to attract and admit students to the Kellstadt Graduate School of Business. Collaborates with the Kellstadt team to development processes to collect and analyze marketing and enrollment data to support decision-making and guide strategic initiatives.
- Hires, train and manages professional staff such as Assistant Directors. Coordinates their work as it applies to the admission funnel.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Three to five years experience, with preference given to candidates who have experience in graduate recruiting and admission.
- Demonstrated professional presence and maturity in dealing with a variety of audiences, external and internal to the university.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral presentation, and written communication skills are critical for success.
- Must have a valid driver's license and meet the eligibility requirements per the University Vehicle, Driver and Travel Safety Policy
- Knowledge of recruiting and admission practices for graduate students.
- Strategy and analytic skills.
- Skills and knowledge to develop and implement marketing and recruitment plans to enroll significant numbers of graduate students.
- Ability and desire to identify enrollment trends for graduate students.
- Ability to identify, develop and implement marketing activities.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong project management and organizational skills. Attention to detail, commitment to quality, and ability to balance multiple demands from demanding constituencies.
- Creativity, positive can-do attitude, flexibility, initiative, and ability to function effectively as member of a team. Responsive to feedback and committed to continuous improvement.
- Periodically spend extended periods standing.
- Periodically lift more than 25 pounds.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication, organizational and project management skills
- Strong group presentation skills
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, creative, change-oriented and driven environment
- Knowledge of a student system and/or recruitment database preferred.
- Access to a car required.
For consideration, please include a resume and cover letter.
- Working for a stable and well-known University that values diversity and inclusion.
- Top choice medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Retirement plan matching contribution of 10%.
- Tuition waivers for employees and dependents.
- Generous paid time off, sick time, holidays, floating holidays, and more!
- Full-Time Benefits
Diversity and Inclusion Statement:
Guided by an ethic of Vincentian personalism and professionalism, DePaul compassionately upholds the dignity of all members of its diverse, multi-faith, and inclusive community. We seek to hire collaborative, open-minded, and dedicated professionals who are committed to advancing our university mission to making education accessible to all, with special attention to including underserved and underrepresented communities. Successful candidates thrive in an environment where ideas and perspectives representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds and experiences are welcome and supported.
Required Background Check:
Employment at DePaul University is contingent on passing a background check. Only final candidates who are extended an offer of employment will undergo a background check.
Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect:
Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional or official capacity may be abused or neglected. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Illinois Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS)
Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.