Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to nearly 48,000 students, about 11,000 faculty and staff and 332,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 public research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.65 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.
About UC Blue Ash
The University of Cincinnati Blue Ash College invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty Assistant Professor of Biology position.
The University of Cincinnati Blue Ash College is one of the largest regional colleges in Ohio and one of the most diverse colleges at the University of Cincinnati. The college is in Blue Ash, Ohio fifteen miles north of the uptown campus, on 135 acres in a park-like setting. We offer primarily associate degrees in career and transition programs, as well as general education courses and technical baccalaureate degrees to approximately 4,500 students. We value excellent teaching and personalized student support to help students achieve their goals, whether the goal is to enter a career or to continue education. The college is a recipient of the Cincinnati Business Courier 2021 Best Places to Work award.Job Overview
This is a tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor level. This position will begin in Fall semester 2024. Required responsibilities are teaching an average of 12 contact hours per semester of undergraduate lecture and/or laboratory classes in the Fall and Spring semesters; participation in the governance and committee work of the Department, College, and University; and ongoing professional development as well as pedagogy-based or discipline-based scholarly activities. Essential Functions
- Teaching Undergraduate introductory biology for majors and/or non-majors, with the possibility of teaching environmental studies, ecology, and/or microbiology.
- Attend meetings and prepare materials for teaching.
- Evaluate and develop curriculum for department and/or college.
- Review, and where necessary, respond in a timely manner to all University-related communications.
PhD in Biology or a related field. PhD must be completed by the time of appointment.Required Experience
One academic year of teaching experience in biology or a related field.
Applicants must complete an online application and supply:
- Cover letter
- A list of three professional references with addresses, email, and phone contact information
- A statement of teaching philosophy
Please use the Additional Documents option as needed for these documents. Applications will be reviewed starting mid October 2023 until the position is filled.Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
To learn more about why UC is a great place to work, please visit our careers page at https://www.uc.edu/careers.html
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN SF:IHE