Support StaffClassification Title:
College Support ServicesPosition Title:
Sports Information AssistantPosition Number:
O00504Pay Grade Level:
S 121301222Full or Part Time:
Part TimeNumber of Months:
SeasonalPosition End Date:
30 hours per week – fall through the end of the spring varsity playing season.Basic Function:
Assist the Director of Athletic Communications with the summer operation of Denison’s NCAA Division III athletic departmentEssential Job Functions:
- Provide coverage for Denison’s 26 NCAA Division III varsity athletic programs. Assist in the maintenance of the athletics department website, compile game and season statistics and report scores and statistics to media outlets, NCAA and the NCAC.
- Assist with producing programs, recruiting material, feature articles, press releases and multimedia content.
- Provide assistance in the oversight to the Denison Sports Network by scheduling student broadcasters for all athletic department audio and video broadcast streams; assist students working at athletic events.
- Follow the University, NCAC and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s (or equivalent experience) is required.
- Feature excellent writing and editing skills; have knowledge of both Mac and Windows operating systems, extensive experience with Adobe Creative Suite as well as Stat Crew, Presto and NCAA Live Stats statistical systems.
- Must be able to work with tight deadlines.
- Candidate must be willing to work irregular hours (nights, weekend) and some travel will be required for championship events.
- Must have a current, valid driver’s license and must be insurable under Denison’s liability insurance policy.
- A minimum of two years of experience in intercollegiate sports information or media relations/communications field.
- Experience with video editing software (iMovie, Adobe Premier or Final Cut Pro).
- Broadcasting experience and the ability to mentor student broadcasters.
- Experience utilizing social media to increase visibility and grow the University’s brand.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and/or experience in a residential, liberal arts college environment.
- Elite problem solving, interpersonal, organizational, and communication and public relations skills.
- Possess excellent organization, communications and public relations skills
Must be able to carry video equipment (tripods, cameras, laptops) to athletic venues and up stairs into press boxes. Games can last 2-3 hours depending on the sport, and press boxes can be hot early in the Fall and late in the Spring.Contact(s):
Ricky BaptistContact Phone/Extension:
08/07/2023Open Until Filled:
YesDenison University Background Check Statement:
The final candidate will undergo a background check as a conditional offer of employment.Denison University EEO Statement :
To achieve our mission as a liberal arts college, we continually strive to attract and hire candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences and identities. Denison fosters a campus community that recognizes the value of all persons regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender expression and identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or socio-economic background. For additional information and resources about diversity at Denison, please see our commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity and antiracism (IDEA) at https://denison.edu/campus/denison-forward.
Denison University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.