RH Perry & Associates, a national executive search firm, is assisting Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana in its search for the Vice President for the School of Information Technology. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned, highly motivated, creative, and strategically-minded IT leader. Reporting to the Senior Vice President for Workforce Development and Careers, with indirect reporting to the Provost/Senior Vice President, the Vice President, School of Information Technology provides professional leadership in the development of quality standards and consistency in academic courses, training, and other programs to prepare Ivy Tech students for information technology-related roles across all of Indiana’s high demand sectors. We welcome your recommendations or nominations for this opportunity.
Ivy Tech Community College is the largest post-secondary institution in Indiana. It is also the largest singly-accredited, statewide community college system in the United States. In recent years, the college has undergone tremendous changes and it has been now given the sole responsibility for Indiana’s statewide community college system by Senate Enrolled Act 296. Ivy Tech College has 19 campuses and 41 site locations, teaching classes in more than 75 communities for nearly 160,000 students.
Ivy Tech offers hands-on experience with some of Indiana’s most advanced technologies and training facilities. Of particular importance is the Ivy+ IT Academy. The Academy offers students the most advanced and innovative way to rapidly acquire in-demand IT training and skills. Students can earn accelerated skills training certificates through the Academy’s regular classes and intense summer boot camps, some as quick as a few weeks. Currently, certifications are available in IT Support, Cybersecurity, and Mobile Application Development.
The Vice President, School of Information Technology will oversee eight programs: Cloud Technologies, Computer Science, Cybersecurity / Information Assurance, Data Analytics, Informatics, Information Technology Support, Network Infrastructure and Software Development.
Major responsibilities will include:
- Set strategy for the School of IT to reflect and align with the rapid exponential growth of Information Technology.
- Lead development of applicable new academic credential offerings and Skills Training (noncredit) offerings, including the College’s newly launched IT Academy
- Provide and/or facilitate opportunities and mechanisms for chancellors, faculty, Career Link staff, and development officers to meet with industry practitioners.
- Collaborate with Career Link to facilitate opportunities for students, internships/externships, etc.
Required professional qualifications include a master's degree from a regionally accredited institution, preferably in a field related to Information Technology. In lieu of a Master’s degree, relevant industry certification and/or experience will be considered.
The deadline for applications is October 1, 2023. To ensure full consideration, candidates will need to include the following in their submitted materials:
- A cover letter of no more than two pages that addresses the position’s challenges and opportunities, and professional qualifications and personal characteristics;
- A current resume or CV of no more than four pages; and,
- The names and contact information for three professional references
Submit your application materials securely through our website by clicking: https://rhperry.com/ivytechvpit or at the email address listed below.
All confidential communications may be directed to our search team: John Hutchinson, Senior Consultant at 217-737-0757, George Santiago, Senior Consultant at 516-510-1471 or Paul Doeg, President and Chief Operating Officer at (828) 785-1394 or to the email IvyTechVPIT@rhperry.com.