We are accepting applications for individuals who meet our minimum qualifications and who can provide instruction within the area of Business Information Technology.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities (include, but not limited to)
Under the direct supervision of the Associate Dean/Instructional Manager, the instructor is responsible for providing instruction to students within the assigned and approved instructional delivery system and in accordance with the mission, goals, policies and procedures of the District. The instructor is responsible for providing an active learning environment to enable students to demonstrate course competencies, and creating a student learning centered environment that places learning at the center of educational experiences.
Requirements may vary according to the instructional area and position.Ability to deliver instruction using active learning methods which accommodate different learning styles including Zoom and simultaneous Zoom and in-person classes.Good oral/written communication skills.Ability to maintain competency in the occupational field.Demonstrated ability and experience working with diverse populations.Ability to work collaboratively with other colleagues and staff.Working knowledge of computer concepts and incorporation of technology in the learning environment.
1. Bachelor's degree in computer science, IT Support, project management, or related field.
2. Twenty-four months (4000 hours) of verifiable occupational experience; occupational area, of which 2,000 hours shall be within the previous five years. One year (2000 hours) of related experience in the appropriate field may be waived if the occupational instructor has at least two years of post-secondary teaching experience in the occupational field within the last five years.
1. Previous teaching experience
2. Appropriate technical/occupational licensure where applicable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
In-depth knowledge of: Project management methodologies including:AgileScrumWaterfallPractical application of technology to solve business problemsIT Service Management concepts
You must be a Wisconsin resident to apply for this position.
All candidates (both internal and external) must attach the following documentation to the online job application. Applications that do not have these attachments or are not filled out in its entirety may not be considered further:
- Cover Letter
- Proof of Education (official and/or unofficial transcripts)
This position supports the School of Business. This position will start Fall 2023.
This position is Part Time (under 20 hrs./week) and teaches only when school is in session; Hours and times may vary depending on when courses are being taught.
Adjunct rate is $46/hour until the instructor obtains their Wisconsin Technical College System certification/credential. The rate for instructors who have obtain their Wisconsin Technical College System certification/credential is $55/hour.
Salary is listed at 2023-2024 rates.