Clinical Assistant ProfessorPosition Number :
976090Vacancy Open to :
All Candidates Department :
AAH CON Adv Nurs Pract and EducDepartment Homepage :
https://nursing.ecu.edu/Advertising Department :
NURSING-COLLEGE OF Division :
Academic AffairsClassification Title :
Clinical Asst ProfessorWorking Title :
Clinical Assistant ProfessorNumber of Vacancies :
1Full Time Equivalent (FTE) :
1.0Full Time or Part Time :
Full TimeRecruitment Range:
Commensurate with qualificationsPosition Location (City) :
Faculty (Teaching)Job Category :
Faculty (Teaching)Organizational Unit Overview:
The mission of the college is to serve as a national model for transforming the health of rural underserved regions through excellence and innovation in nursing education, leadership, research, scholarship, and practice.Job Duties :
The East Carolina University, College of Nursing is currently seeking applications for a full-time 12-month faculty member to teach graduate students in the Nurse Anesthesia Program and serve as the Director of Clinical Education for the Nurse Anesthesia Program. Teaching will include courses in both the clinical and didactic portions of the program. This faculty member is directly responsible for the coordination and implementation of the clinical curriculum and will report to the Nurse Anesthesia Program Director.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating all clinical experiences of the student’s education.
- Ensure that each student meets all established clinical criteria, complying with all COA and clinical site requirements.
- Instruct and supervise student nurse anesthetists in the operating room and simulation lab; works with students having clinical difficulties.
- Develops a yearly clinical schedule for the students.
- Ensure that students receive supervised clinical anesthesia experiences commensurate with their individual professional growth.
- Teaches selected courses in area of expertise.
Appointments are commensurate with education and experience.Minimum Education/Experience :
License or Certification Required by Statute or Regulation :
- A valid non-restricted North Carolina registered nurse (RN) license. A current APRN certification as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) required upon employment.
- Graduate degree in nursing required (MSN).
- Qualifying degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
- Demonstrated nursing scholarship activity.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, and effective interpersonal skills to work with a diverse population of students.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse faculty and student body.
A valid non-restricted North Carolina registered nurse (RN) license. Current certification as an APRN as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) required upon employment.Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education :
DNP or a doctoral degree with a graduate degree in nursing or willingness to obtain.Special Instructions to Applicant :
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.Additional Instructions to Applicant:
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.Job Open Date :
08/25/2023Open Until Filled:
YesInitial Screening Begins :
Assistant ProfessorQuick Link for Direct Access to Posting :
East Carolina University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. We encourage qualified applicants from women, minorities, veterans, individuals with a disability, and historically underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, color, genetic information, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, political affiliation, or veteran status.Eligibility for Employment :
Individuals requesting accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) should contact the Department of Human Resources at (252) 737-1018 (Voice/TTY) or ADA-Coordinator@ecu.edu.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. ECU participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.Office of Human Resources Contact Information :
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (252) 328-9847 or toll free at 1-866-489-1740 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our office is available to provide assistance Monday-Friday from 8:00-5:00 EST.