CategoryAdjunct FacultyApplication DeadlineThis position is open until filled.DepartmentContinuing Education and Training (CET) – Adult Education / ESOLContact email@example.com Salary
This position is placed on the non-credit adjunct faculty pay scale.
Department: Continuing Education and Training (CET) – Adult Education / ESOL
Pay Grade: Non-credit Adjunct Faculty Scale
FLSA Status: Exempt
Carroll Community College’s Continuing Education and Training (CET) department is seeking two instructors for Advanced-level English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) classes starting October 2, 2023. One instructor is needed is needed for synchronous online Pronunciation class on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:30-8:30 PM, and one instructor for Advanced English Preparation on Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:30-8:30 PM in person in Westminster, MD, using Future, 2nd Edition, Advanced level.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree and/or TESOL Certificate preferred. Prior experience teaching ESOL required; prior experience teaching online preferred for online position.
This position involves a light to medium level of physical effort which requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
- Hear/talk/communicate – Must be able to exchange information and communicate
- Visual Acuity/ability to perceive or detect surroundings
- Mental acuity – Able to focus, concentrate, understand and convey subject matter
- Repetitive motion (i.e., keyboarding)
- Stand/sit/walk/able to move or traverse from one area to another
College campus, direct contact with students, staff, faculty and the general public in classrooms, common areas, offices and campus environments. Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as office, meeting, and training rooms; use of safe workplace practices with office equipment; computers for data entry and word processing; avoidance of trips and falls; observance of fire and building safety regulations; observance of college vehicle policies when driving; and observance of College policies.
Carroll Community College has the right to revise this position description at any time, and this position description does not represent in any way a contract of employment.
Directions to Apply
Interested applicants must email a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is open until filled.
To qualify for employment, selected candidates must
- successfully complete a criminal background check (for designated positions)
- be able to work on campus as of the first day of employment
- be a resident of DE, MD, PA, VA, WV, or DC as of the first day of employment
- be currently authorized to work in the US, as the College does not offer Visa sponsorships
- complete an employment application upon request, prior to progressing through the initial interview process
Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.