Senior Director of Development for the School of Health and Human SciencesPosition Type:
E2 - SAAO II 12 Month Leave EarningUniversity Information:
UNC Greensboro, located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is 1 of only 57 doctoral institutions recognized by the Carnegie Foundation for both higher research activity and community engagement. Founded in 1891 and one of the original three UNC System institutions, UNC Greensboro is one of the most diverse universities in the state with 20,000+ students, and 3,000+ faculty and staff members representing 90+ nationalities. With 17 Division I athletic teams, 85 undergraduate degrees in over 125 areas of study, as well as 74 master’s and 32 doctoral programs, UNC Greensboro is consistently recognized nationally among the top universities for academic excellence and value, with noted strengths in health and wellness, visual and performing arts, nursing, education, and more. For additional information, please visit uncg.edu and follow UNCG on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.Primary Purpose of the Organizational Unit:
University Advancement staff members are dedicated to developing and maintaining strong and lasting connections to the University. How one perceives, interacts with, and supports UNC Greensboro forms the basis of all that we do. Whether we’re engaging alumni, friends, community members, or corporate partners (and in many cases, even current students), we share a collective responsibility and passion for cultivating a wide variety of partnerships and experiences across the University, our community, and beyond.Position Summary:
A number of professionally diverse units with specific charges come together to comprise University Advancement and support our shared mission.
Our mission is to inspire connections, investments, and engagements that drive excellence and opportunity. Our vision is of a University that illuminates potential, eliminates barriers, and ignites achievement.
University Advancement Includes: Development, Alumni Engagement, University Special Events, Advancement Operations, Donor and Board Engagement, Planned Giving, and Advancement Communications.
The Senior Director of Development for the School of Health and Human Sciences at UNC Greensboro oversees and manages all aspects of the School’s development program. The candidate must be able to think strategically and practically to implement a comprehensive and results-oriented development plan that includes goals and strategies for major, planned, and annual gifts. This position will also build and foster key relationships for the School of Health and Human Sciences and the University with alumni, friends, community and business leaders, and faculty.Minimum Qualifications:
This position has a dual reporting role to the Dean of the School of Health and Human Sciences and the Executive Director of University Advancement.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in fundraising
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to relate to diverse constituencies including identifying, recruiting, training and recognizing volunteers
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to utilize technological resources available to the development staff
- Master’s degree preferred
- Five to ten years of experience in fundraising
- The department prefers experience in a public higher education setting
- Experience in supervision of others
Commensurate with experienceOrg #-Department:
Development - 33801Job Open Date:
08/30/2023Open Until Filled:
1.000Type of Appointment:
PermanentNumber of Months per Year:
ExemptPercentage Of Time:
Gift Cultivation and SolicitationEssential Tasks:
Percentage Of Time:
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward individuals believed to have the potential to make major gifts to the School of Health and Human Sciences and other University interests as appropriate.
- Create a strategic fundraising and campaign plan for the School in conjunction with University Advancement and the Dean based on objectives and priorities in consultation with the Dean, the Executive Director, and other individuals within the School.
- Sustain the level of major gift activity commensurate with performance expectations and prepare detailed and timely contact reports of all visits and other contacts.
- Effectively engage the Dean and other faculty and staff in the fundraising process and work with faculty and staff to establish the internal giving program.
- Engage and utilize volunteers to execute the fundraising plan.
Staff and Volunteer ManagementEssential Tasks:
- Serve as the primary representative of the School of Health and Human Sciences to the University Advancement office and in university-level planning and execution of fundraising strategy.
- Manage and mentor one program associate in the School of Health and Human Sciences.
- In conjunction with the Dean and Executive Director for University Advancement, organize the School of Health and Human Sciences campaign advisory board and serve as the primary facilitator of its efforts.
- Manage other volunteers and volunteer boards as needed.
Reading - F, Writing - F, Vision-Preparing/Analyzing figures - F, Hearing - F, Talking - F, Sitting - F, Walking - F, Lifting-0-30 lbs. - R, Climbing-Stairs - OWork Environment:
Driving - Car/Truck - O, Inside - F, Outside - O