Job no: 529997
Work type: Management (MPP)
Location: San Diego
Categories: MPP, At-Will, Full Time, Marketing/Communications, Telecommute eligible (work onsite as scheduled and/or as requested and telecommute as scheduled)
The Executive Director of Marketing (EDM) is responsible for creating innovative and effective marketing strategies to support the mission, vision, and strategic plan of SDSU Global Campus. The EDM reports to the Dean and drives the leadership for the Marketing Team working collaboratively with cross-functional teams within Global Campus, across the university, and within the broader community. The EDM leads the marketing planning process and the efforts to evaluate and promote cost-effective marketing and promotion strategies for SDSU Global Campus.
- Create, implement, and deliver an overall marketing plan that reaches target audiences in a timely and effective manner consistent with the mission, vision, and strategic plan of SDSU Global Campus.
- Develop and manage the budget for all marketing activities.
- Implement and maintain SDSU Global Campus brand strategy consistent with the university’s brand efforts.
- Work collaboratively with the appropriate cross-functional teams (e.g., program management team, academic partners, StratComm) to develop, implement, and evaluate effective marketing efforts.
- Conduct overall ROI analyses to provide leadership team and other stakeholders with regular reports on marketing efforts and operations.
- Manage and supervise the Global Campus marketing team.
- Provide vision, structure, guidance, and support to the marketing team members as they create and execute their roles to fulfill Global Campus strategic goals.
This is a full-time (1.0 time-base), benefits-eligible, at-will position. This position is designated exempt under FLSA and is not eligible for overtime compensation. Standard SDSU work hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., but may vary based on operational needs.
This position is approved for partial telecommuting with onsite work in San Diego.
SDSU Global Campus strives to be a global leader in providing innovative education programs that transform lives locally and internationally. Our mission is to be a world leader in delivering innovative educational experiences to all learners, expanding opportunity and transforming lives. Our programs and technologies are ever-evolving to meet ever-changing needs; our high level of service and support is a constant.
For more information regarding the Global Campus, click here.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working in the field of marketing management with experience specifically in digital marketing in self-support continuing education.
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Strong working knowledge of marketing systems, databases, and analytic support tools for managing and using various forms of customer/transactional data.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and administer a successful marketing plan.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, creative and innovative problem-solving skills, and a strong commitment to service excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, flexible, and collaborative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution.
- Outstanding organizational and analytical skills to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and monitor budgets.
Compensation and Benefits
San Diego State University will offer a competitive salary based on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate. San Diego State University also offers a rich benefits package that includes:Extensive Leave benefits: 15 paid holidays, 24 vacation days, and 12 sick days per year;Retirement security through a CalPERS defined benefit pension (with CalPERS and UC Retirement Plan reciprocity) and retiree healthcare benefits;An array of health, dental, and vision coverage at no-cost or low-cost to the employee; andCalifornia State University system fee reduction program (fee waiver) for the employee or their qualified dependent
Anticipated hiring range: $120,000-$135,000 annually
Diversity and Community at SDSU
At SDSU, our diversity gives us power and benefits every single member of our community.
Through our commitment to equity and inclusion, we encourage all members of our community to purposefully learn from one another through open and respectful dialogue and responsible engagement. For more information, click here.
Principles of Community
At San Diego State University, we are a community of diverse individuals who have and represent many perspectives, beliefs and identities. This diversity lends our community strength, and we commit to creating and sustaining an inclusive and intellectually vibrant environment that benefits all members of our university.
SDSU’s Principles of Community is an aspirational statement that is intended to evolve over time. The statement reflects the ideals we are encouraged to uphold in our interactions with one another.
Initial review of the required application materials, including cover letters and resumes, will begin on September 11, 2023. To receive full consideration, apply by September 10, 2023. The position will remain open until filled.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
San Diego State University is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions (e.g., H-1B visa). Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Offers of employment are contingent upon the presentation of documents that demonstrate a person's identity and authorization to work in the United States, which are consistent with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily and is required for employment. SDSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current SDSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
SDSU is a smoke-free campus. For more information, please click here.
SDSU is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers all qualified candidates for employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered military and veteran status, or any other protected characteristic or status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who request an accommodation by contacting Casie Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertised: Aug 24, 2023 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled