Administrative StaffClassification Title:
Administrative StaffPosition Title:
Human Resources Generalist, ImmigrationPosition Number:
A00565Pay Grade Level:
Office of Human ResourcesPosting Number:
S 121301133Full or Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Months:
Regular business hours: Monday through FridayBasic Function:
Responsible for providing specialized consultation, managing the immigration and visa process, and assisting international faculty and staff; and maintains international employee university-managed databases. Supports the Provost’s office and works directly with general counsel on processes and policies related to immigration.Partner with human resources to deliver services and consultation to the Denison community on Talent Management, Workplace Engagement and Development, Benefits and Compensation and provide general support as directed by the VP of People & Culture.Performs other related duties as assigned.Essential Job Functions:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONSImmigration- Appx 40% of role
Generalist Support- Appx 60% of role
- Provide comprehensive support and consultation to employees and departments on immigration and visa requirements and processes while ensuring compliance with various laws.
- Facilitate the processing of appropriate immigration documents of non-resident alien professional employees at the university.
- Coordinate with Legal Counsel, Provost’s Office, and external counsel for guidance to ensure adherence to compliance on processing and maintenance of H-1B and other visas, including forms, reports, and publications.
- Advise HR partners and other university stakeholders on immigration matters and provide subject matter expertise.
- Responsible for executing policies, procedures, and oversight of immigration standards for hiring international professional employees (i.e., H1b, O-1, TNs, Permanent Resident applications)
- Monitor immigration petitions and track deadlines and expiration dates.
Workplace Engagement & Development:
- Support the Talent Management team in coordinating and executing talent initiatives supporting recruitment and onboarding.
- Assist with Applicant Tracking System (ATS) processes including job posting approvals, monitoring active positions and communication with hiring teams.
- Assists in the collection and maintenance of data relating to employee recruitment initiatives to include statistics on candidate diversity, recruitment initiatives, and candidate recruitment advertising responses.
- Ensure that the hiring processes comply with university guidelines and policies.
Benefits & Compensation:
- Assist in coordinating and engagement programs and initiatives.
- Consult with department leadership, professional staff, and others on university policies and procedures.
- Assist in identifying and coordinating ways to effectively support the training and development needs of staff and student employees.
HR Information Systems
- Support benefits team during annual benefit audits.
- Assist in developing and executing benefit related communications.
- Research, review and edit job descriptions to ensure correct classifications.
- Assist with the annual salary planning / wage increase process and provide administrative support for other related incentives programs.
- Occasionally support HRIS with monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five (5) years of demonstrated experience in Human Resources including:
- Significant experience with immigration processes
- Experience with Talent Management, Workplace Engagement & Development and Total Rewards
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws.
PHR, SHRM-CP, SPHR, SHRM-SCP or other HR certificationPhysical Demands:
Office environment which may include: sitting, standing, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, pushing, and pulling. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.Contact(s):
Human ResourcesContact Email:
08/24/2023Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Position is open until filled.Denison University Background Check Statement:
The final candidate will undergo a background check as a conditional offer of employment.Denison University EEO Statement :
Denison University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To achieve our mission as a liberal arts college, we continually strive to attract and hire candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences and identities. Denison fosters a campus community that recognizes the value of all persons regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender expression and identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or socio-economic background. For additional information and resources about diversity at Denison, please see our commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity and antiracism (IDEA) at Denison Forward.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at (740)587-6299 or by email at HR@denison.edu