Job Location: Bethany Campus - Bethany, OK
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Full Time / Salary / Exempt
Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
The Director’s primary role is to plan, implement, and assess a comprehensive and varied set of services to help students with all facets of their career planning and job search experience. The Director will assist undergraduate students by serving as a career coach in developing, evaluating, and/or implementing career education and current and future employment decisions. This position will network to build relationships with business community hiring managers and recruiters for student internship opportunities as well as full-time entry-level positions for graduates.
This position is responsible for the overall Operations for Student Life, overseeing Student Employees, creating a hospitable environment and ensuring day to day functions are done excellently in line with the mission of the University.
A. Career Services
- Provide a wide range of career and student employment mentoring and coaching with students and develop an action plan to meet their individual needs.
- Provide events and services such as career counseling, guest speaking in the classroom, job and internship listings through Handshake, campus recruiting, career fairs resume preparation, business etiquette and interviewing tips that meet the developmental needs of students.
- Coordinate Educational fairs that prepare students for their future
- Manage departmental operating budget plans and proposals.
B. Student Employment and Internship Services
- Coordinate the annual Student Employment Job Fair each September. (Work Study managers for on-campus and off-campus approved locations, as well as area business recruiters for part-time jobs, appropriate for undergrad students).
- Manage the Work Incentive Student Program coordinate work location(s) and information to students for part-time jobs on campus manage budget; maintain student spreadsheet for student payroll office.
- Network with Financial Assistance Office to ensure that the university is maximizing on Work Study funding and eligible students have ample opportunities for on-campus student employment.
- Provide fund disbursement and oversight for the IMEL funding which provides for students who work in departments across campus.
C. Student Payroll Management
- Manage and navigate posting of jobs on campus website for all part-time, full-time, internships, temporary and summer job opportunities through the Paycom posting system.
- Communicate and meet with all new student employees to complete new hire onboarding and E-Verify to maintain proper student employment procedures.
- Approve student employee payroll compensation forms from campus departments seeking to post a new student employment position.
- Manage documentation necessary to enter students into the university payroll system with attention to federal compliance.
D. Student Life Operations
- Manage Student Life daily operations and provide oversight to student employees and work schedules.
- Oversee staff training support for all office procedures.
- Maintain campus ID machine updates, purchasing of supplies and event printing for Students, Faculty and Staff
- Responsible for oversight and purchasing of office supplies.
- Generate needed reports (housing, mid-term, meal plan)
- Maintaining the Master Calendar for each academic year
- Southern Nazarene University is an expression of the Church of the Nazarene. According to SNU policy, all faculty and staff must possess a strong personal Christian commitment and be committed to the SNU mission to make Christlike disciples through higher education in a Christ centered community.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Be a positive culture-builder in the workplace
- Ability to make people feel welcome and home at SNU
- An understanding of the importance for diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of two years of related work experience and/or relevant training
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands in fast paced work environment
- Typing and spelling competency
- Ability to work well with both college age students and professionals inside and outside of SNU
- Ability to take initiative and be growth-oriented
Receives supervision and work assignments from a designated supervisor, although other staff members in the unit may provide work direction.
Responsible for the coordination of work assignments for student employees.
Apply Online for this position at Southern Nazarene Careers
Generous benefit structure including family health insurance plan (shared cost), long term disability, dental insurance, group life insurance, retirement matching, tuition remission, vacation, sick leave, personal days, and holidays.