Assistant Professor of PracticeDepartment:
F_230142Posting Open Date:
08/25/2023Application Review Date: (To ensure consideration, please submit all application materials before review date):
10/02/2023Open Until Filled:
YesDescription of Work:
Position SummaryThe College of Business at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL) is seeking applicants for the position of non-tenure track Assistant Professor of Practice in Management beginning in either Spring or Fall 2024. The faculty member will be an integral part of the Department’s and College’s long-term commitment to teaching excellence and will be expected to teach a variety of courses in management (i.e., OB/HR, strategy, entrepreneurship) at the undergraduate and graduate levels, both online and in person.
Professors of Practice are teaching specialists and are hired on multi-year contracts, renewable subject to performance. Responsibilities will include 80% teaching (four sections each Fall and Spring semester, or the annual equivalent) and 20% service. For candidates with a doctorate, responsibilities will be 80% teaching, 10% research, and 10% service. A reduced teaching apportionment may be possible with expanded service commitments. This will be an academic year (i.e., nine-month) appointment. Local residency is required, as the majority of teaching responsibilities will be conducted in person. Salary will range between $95,000 and $102,500 and will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To learn more about the college, department, university, and Lincoln, please visit:
As an EO/AA employer, the University of Nebraska considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation. See https://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination
.Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Applicants must have obtained one of the following by the beginning date of their appointment:
- A doctoral degree from an accredited university with a specialization in management or a related area,
- A graduate business degree with significant teaching experience, or
- A graduate business degree with significant corporate/professional experience.
- Applicants must demonstrate an ability to effectively teach university-level courses.
Work Location (City, State):
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching at the college level, including large lecture or online sections of undergraduate and graduate courses.
Lincoln, NebraskaCriminal History Background Check Required:
NoHow to Apply:
Click “Apply for this Job” and complete the information form. Attach the following documents:
- A letter of application outlining relevant teaching experiences and interests.
- A detailed curriculum vitae that includes information on education, experience, qualifications, teaching experience (including title and levels of courses taught and summary of teaching evaluations), and research publications (if applicable).
- A one-page statement of teaching beliefs/pedagogy. Attach as “Other Document.”
- A list of three references with complete contact information.
All documents are required before the application can be evaluated.
If you have questions about this position, please email Dr. Andrew Hanna, Search Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org
. For specific questions about the application process, please email Melissa Lewis at email@example.com
.For questions or accommodations related to this position contact:
Direct questions about the position to Andrew Hanna, firstname.lastname@example.org.Job Category (old):
Direct questions about the application process to Melissa Lewis, email@example.com.
Faculty Non-Tenure LeadingJob Type:
9 Month Position funded by grant or other form of temporary funding?:
NoPlanned Hire Date:
Spring or Fall 2024Organizational Location: