School: Academy of Future Education
Department:Institute of Leadership & Education Advanced Development (ILEAD)
Position: Head of Child Development and Education Division
Location: Suzhou, China
Contract Type: Fixed-term, renewable. 3rd contract is open-ended
In 2006 Xi an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) was created by the University of Liverpool and Xi an Jiaotong University a top ten university in China. Offering a unique international education experience, XJTLU brings together excellent research practice and expertise from both institutions and gives students the skills and knowledge they need to secure careers in a global marketplace. XJTLU now has over 25,000 enrolled students in both Suzhou and Liverpool in the UK, with plans to grow to about 28,000 students by 2025. There are currently about 2,000 staff, among which about 1,000 academic staff, with an almost even split between citizens of the People s Republic of China and international passport holders. XJTLU offers our undergraduates and postgraduates over 100 programmes with a diverse spectrum of courses.
XJTLU is entering a new and exciting phase of its development as part of its strategic priorities for the next ten years. Adopting a new higher education model based on the concept of Syntegrative Education (SE), XJTLU is currently opening a new Entrepreneurial Education site in Taicang, part of wider Suzhou, where the Entrepreneur College (Taicang) is located. The Taicang site will be a pioneer of, and educational model for, the future campus in addressing challenges arising from the 4th Industrial Revolution. Other new initiatives include new working partnerships with Xi an Jiaotong University, the continued development of the four new Academies, and exploration of further potential locations to develop the SE model.
With a focus on innovative learning and teaching, and research, XJTLU draws on the strengths of its parent universities, and plays a pivotal role in facilitating access to China for UK and other institutional partners. At same time, XJTLU is exploring future education by blending the educational theory, best practice and culture from west and east.
For detailed information about the university, please visit www.xjtlu.edu.cn.
ABOUT ACADEMY OF FUTURE EDUCATION (AOFE)
The Academy of Future Education of Xi an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is an educational innovation ecosystem that focuses on research, exploration, support, and dissemination of philosophy and best practices for future education. The core mission of the Academy is to impact education innovation and reform in China and beyond through a variety of projects and programmes, based on fundamental approaches in educational innovation and systemic development designed to contribute to the future of education. The Academy supports individuals and institutions at all levels, including all the K-15 schools as well as vocational education and higher education institutions.
Four units make up the Academy, namely the Department of Educational Studies (EDS), Institute of Leadership & Education Advanced Development (ILEAD), and Educational Development Unit (EDU), Learning Institute for Future Excellence (LIFE). Key projects of the Academy include the following programmes:
- Master s and doctoral degree programmes in education
- Research projects on future education
- Education innovation community
- Professional development programmes for educational practitioners
- Student learning excellence support programmes
- Online-onsite hybrid learning environment and resources.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Applications are invited for Head of Child development and Education Division (Assistant Professor/Associate Professor in Educational Management) within the Institute of Leadership and Education Advanced Development (ILEAD) at Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University, a joint venture established in 2006 by the University of Liverpool, UK and Xi an Jiaotong University, China.
The Head of Child development and Education Division is responsible for overseeing and managing all the products in Education for Child under 18 years old at Institute of Leadership and Education Advanced Department (hereinafter, ILEAD), with the aims of contributing to the successful development and delivery of strategies with regard to the business for child development and education practitioners. The role holder looks over the Child Development and Education Division and reports to the HoD of ILEAD.
The Head of Child development and Education Division is expected to teach on programmes in the Department of Educational Studies and to develop his/her research profile.
- Setting goals and strategies for the product in child development and education as well as managing and governing the process of delivery and evaluation of performance;
- Supervising the Product team in Child development and Education;
- Focusing on quality assurance and improvement of Child development and Education products, and integrating product portfolio for dynamic interaction and integration;
- Continuously developing new products with the emerging customers needs in mind;
- Collaborating with other units of the department to optimize resources and contribute to the overall strategic plans of the department.
- Teaching on master programmes in the Department of Educational Studies
- PhD degree in Education and related area
- Lecturing experience at postgraduate level would be welcomed, particularly on master degree programmes.
- Applicants from a wide range of areas in Educational Management are welcome.
- Applicants with experience in the areas of Educational Leadership, Internationalization of Education, Language Education, Institutional Change in Child development and Education are specifically welcome.
- Applicants with experience in developing and managing short courses and community products in Child development and education are specifically welcome
- Applicants are expected to speak both Chinese and English fluently.
- A strong track record in designing and delivering education programmes, executive coaching and management consulting for educational institutions and practitioners are also desirable.
CITIZENSHIP AND VISA REGULATIONS
Employment at Xi an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is regulated by Chinese Labour Laws, and must comply with the regulations of the provincial government. These regulations stipulate who is eligible for legal employment with regard to obtaining work permits and visas. Please be advised candidates over 65 may be not eligible for a work visa in the P.R. China.
- Clear career development path with annual review.
- Professional development trainings are provided.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
SALARY: Competitive salary in the market
- Allowance: XJTLU provide various month/annual/one-off allowances as
- Housing allowance
- Travel allowance
- Kids education allowance
- Relocation allowance
- Commercial insurance: international insurance plans customized for XJTLU staff and family members. (details refer to the University Policy)
- Paid holidays:
- Statutory Holidays (11 days)
- Annual Leave (36 days)
- Family Matters Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Marriage Leave
- Paternity Leave
- Parental Leave
- Working visa and residence permit in China:
- XJTLU sponsors working visa and residence permit in China for the staff.
RESEARCH FUNDING SUPPORT
The university provides every new faculty member with Research Development Fund to encourage them to initiate research projects, and Research Engagement Fund provided to support their continuous research activities.
The university will also support all faculty members to apply for national, province and city level programs. These programs aim to support excellent scientists, both Chinese and non-Chinese-citizen, to work and carry out research in China.
Some of the programs are listed in the table below. Successful applications are based on the applicant s educational background, academic/research field, research achievements, working experience, etc. The university will provide full support on the applications.
Talent/Research Program - Fund
- Outstanding Youth Science Foundation Project (Overseas)
- Innovation Leading Talent
- Outstanding Leading Talent of International Discipline
- Young Leading Talent of International Discipline
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application on our university website HERE. Applications must be submitted in a single pdf file that includes 3 parts in the order of:
- A cover letter
- A current CV, including date of birth, country of citizenship, and highest degree level
- Contact Details for Three References
For specific enquiries relating to the position, please email Head of ILEAD, Prof. Jianlan Zhang at firstname.lastname@example.org. Informal enquiries may be addressed to HR at email@example.com