Job no: 493312
Work type: Administrative (Full Time)
Location: Marion, IN
Job Title: Enrollment Counselor
Reporting Relationship: Associate Director of Admissions - Wesley Seminary
Unit: Wesley Seminary
Department: Enrollment Services - Wesley Seminary
Campus Location: Wesley Seminary, Marion, INSummary of Position:
The primary responsibility of the Enrollment Counselor is to recruit students for Wesley Seminary. As a representative of Wesley Seminary, the person filling this role must have excellent knowledge of Wesley Seminary degree programs and a superior general understanding of the target audiences for which the programs are designed. Working in consultation with enrollment leadership, this person assists in developing and modifying plans to recruit for these programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain regular contact with student leads and admitted students until they start class
- Schedule and conduct individual meetings with prospective students as needed, tracking with them until enrollment is concluded at a class start
- Supply information regarding Seminary programs (and various other university program) to prospective students
- Application Management
- Process application pieces for the completion of student applicant files
- Keep the student up to date on application status
- Prepare students to be reviewed by the Admissions Committee and make an appropriate recommendation as necessary
- Review necessary financial aid forms and provide the student information on opportunities and associated deadlines
- Travel & Events
- Represent the Seminary and IWU to prospective students and at times influencers (e.g., employers, supervisors, etc.)
- Assist in the planning and execution of group information events (open houses or student events, individual appts.)
- In conjunction with recruitment leadership, plan and conduct scheduled visits to key influencers and develop relationships with them as needed
- In consultation with recruitment leadership, register for, attend, and maintain booth space at selected business and technology trade shows, conventions, and conferences
- Consult with enrollment leadership on the development and implementation of annual recruitment plan for the various programs
- Invest time and energy to bring ideas of how we can grow enrollment
- Carry out other tasks as requested by enrollment leadership
Qualifications: According to Indiana Wesleyan University employment policy all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Preference will be given to bilingual candidate
- Experience in college recruitment, sales, marketing, public relations, and/or ministry preferred
- Wesley Seminary is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and staff. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply
- Superior communication skills (spoken, written, group, individual)
- Advanced computer skills with working experience in word processing, spreadsheets, database usage, e-mail, Internet, etc.
- Ability to relate well to working professionals
- Ability to work independently, especially in the area of arranging and conducting on-site information meetings and influencer visits
- Excellent organizational ability
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Travel required on a semi-regular basis
- Professional dress required while meeting with influencers and prospective students
IWU commits to create a community that reflects kingdom diversity. We will foster an intentional environment that exhibits honor, respect, and dignity. Acknowledging visible or invisible differences, our community authentically values each member’s earthly and eternal worth. We refute ignorance and isolation and embrace deliberate and courageous engagement.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
As a religious educational institution operating under the auspices of The Wesleyan Church, Indiana Wesleyan University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (42 U.S.C., Sections 2000e-1 and 2000e-2).
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Advertised: 25 Aug 2023 US Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 25 Sep 2023 US Eastern Daylight Time