Siena Heights University in Adrian, MI, a comprehensive Catholic university sponsored by the Adrian Dominican congregation seeks a Vice President of Business Affairs/CFO to support and lead business and administrative functions of the University. Reporting directly to the President, the VPBA will be a senior leader of the President’s cabinet and a key strategic partner working with the President, senior administration and Board of Trustees. The successful candidate will have strong experience in financial and business management and oversee university finances, human resources, information technology, campus safety and facilities management.
- Advise the president on operational issues and concerns and provide effective management of the areas related to the VPBA’s areas of responsibility.
- Establish and maintain effective controls of university finances, including but not limited to operational budgets, payroll, endowment, debt-management, and cash flow.
- Lead a budgeting process which offers collaboration and transparency to resource university priorities as establish by the strategic plan and outcomes assessment.
- Oversee relationships with vendors and contractors, including contract review and project management.
- Provide effective crisis response management related to campus safety or maintenance issues.
- Coordinate compliance, including annual audits and Department of Education financial reporting requirements.
- Lead with a sense of servant-leadership and the ability to lead a team which offers exceptional service to students and employees.
- Master’s degree in business, accounting finance or other related field
- 10 years experience in business affairs, facilities management, human resources or other related field.
- Current Certified Public Account license
- Experience in higher education
Skills and Attributes:
- A commitment to collaborative strategic planning and leadership
- Problem-solving skills
- Experience analyzing data in making decisions
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, with ability to communicate complex financial information to general audiences
- Knowledge of best practices in financial management, human resources, and resource procurement
- Crisis management and communication
- A commitment to the mission of Siena Heights University as a Catholic university in the Dominican tradition.
Resumes and Cover Letters, with contact information of three references (references will not be contacted without candidate’s permission) to Krissie Barnes, Chief of Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org