Instructor/Assistant Farm Operations ManagerAbout Murray State:
Murray State blends educational opportunities found at research institutions with collaborative interactions among students, faculty and staff found at smaller universities. Students receive personalized attention from supportive faculty and staff as the University offers a 16:1 student-to-faculty ratio. Murray State University places our highest priority on student learning and excellent teaching, blending the range of educational opportunities often experienced at research institutions with the nurturing student-teacher interactions usually found at smaller universities.About Murray State Benefits:
Located in the West Kentucky region, Murray State University is a public, comprehensive University which offers a low cost of living, low property taxes, and a four-season climate. Murray has a friendly, small-town atmosphere with locally-owned specialty shops and restaurants, an acclaimed community theater, art guild and award-winning public schools. The area is home to Kentucky Lake and Land Between the Lakes, a 170,000-acre National Recreation Area, which offers a wide-range of activities and amenities for residents and visitors alike. Located in close proximity to major cities and nearby access to Interstate 24, Murray is just a few hours from Nashville, St. Louis, Louisville and Memphis. Learn more about Careers at Murray State University.
Faculty and staff of Murray State University have access to a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, retirement, tuition waivers, generous paid holidays, vacation, sick, and paid parental leave, as well as many other benefit offerings. Please refer to the Murray State Benefits page for more information.Equal Opportunity Employment/Diversity Information:
Murray State embraces diversity in the workplace and values attracting, developing and maintaining a diverse, high-quality faculty, staff, and student body. The University endeavors to create and promote a culturally diverse community to be accepting of and sensitive to diversity in its many varied forms. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Murray State University is an equal education and employment opportunity, M/F/D, AA employer.Type of Employment:
Regular Full-TimeWork Location:
Murray, KYEmployment Term:
12 MonthsPosition Type:
Animal and Equine ScienceSummary of Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist in the management of the university farms as well as teach six (6) hours per semester.
The Assistant Farm Operations Manager will assist the Farm Operations Manager to:
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Assist with maintaining the university farms in a professional, well-kept manner.
- Assist with operating farm equipment such as tractor, combines, skid steer loaders, etc.
- Assist with properly maintaining the beef herd, etc.
- Assist with coordinating field days, livestock shows and other special farm events as required.
- Provide an environment that advances the overall educational and research objectives of the university farms and work-related industry partners.
- Assist with coordinating farm operations, equipment and facilities with the School of Agriculture faculty and staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Skill Requirements:
- A Master’s degree in Agriculture or a related field is required.
- Farm management experience required.
- Must be able to walk over farms and carry up to 25 pounds.
08/22/2023Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Along with the application, the following items must be included:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum Vitae
For best consideration, please submit a completed application along with all required materials by September 22, 2023. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.