Education and Faculty Support Program Coordinator - 30980 University Staff Description University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Department: Radiology Job Title: Education Coordinator Position #: 00745567 – Requisition #: 30980 Job Summary:
The Education and Faculty Coordinator (FTE 1.0), under supervision from the Radiology Education Manager and guidance from the Pediatric Radiology Fellowship Program Directors, is responsible for coordinating the education programs at Children's Hospital Colorado. This position will be located at CHCO. There is currently one ACGME approved pediatric radiology program and two non-ACGME approved programs (pediatric neuroimaging and pediatric cardiac + fetal imaging). The coordinator will oversee the fellowships, as well as the fellow recruitment process, educational lectures, rotation and call schedules, business activities, budget and policies and procedures. The coordinator will provide essential communication and networking for the effective functioning of these fellowship programs. The coordinator will assist in the administrative and operational support of the Pediatric Radiology faculty members on behalf of the Radiology Department and University of Colorado. This position is responsible for the oversight and implementation of financial and general administrative processes for the Department of Radiology Education and Administrative teams. We seek an independent, detail-oriented, organized, and analytical team member who will excel at the duties and responsibilities.
Supervision Received: This position reports to the Education Manager in the Department of Radiology.
Supervision Exercised: This position does not have a supervisory role. Key Responsibilities:
Duties Performed at Academic Services Senior Professional level: (not all inclusive) Academic Services Senior Professional Education Program Administration:
Recruitment & Evaluations:
- Manage fellows' rotation, lecture, and call schedules. Address and manage changes in schedules when issues arise.
- Support fellow multidisciplinary conference participation (including tracking and assigning conferences, gathering patient imaging and data, distributing power point presentations) and monitor attendance.
- Provide logistical support and manage the CCC (clinical competency committee) quarterly meeting and the PEC (program evaluation committee) annual meeting for each fellowship.
- Schedule in person fellow quarterly reviews with the program director.
- Onboard new fellows to Colorado University (CU) Radiology and CHCO including moonlighting at CU.
- Assist with management of ACGME required documentation and maintenance including duty hours, program handbook, rotation goals and objectives and faculty scholarly activity.
- Assist CHCO Radiology administration in scheduling and tracking fellow journal club participation, quality improvement project and fluoroscopy parent evaluations.
- Coordinate and manage medical student and other visitor rotations in radiology (including but not limited to nurse practitioner, physician assistant, pediatric resident, neurology resident, emergency department resident) including sharing schedules for educational lectures, multidisciplinary conferences and arranging radiology reading room shadowing experience.
Data and Recordkeeping:
- Assists with all aspects of the fellowship recruitment process including the American Board of Radiology (ABR) alternate pathway.
- Field prospective fellow information requests primarily by email and phone.
- Gather and assemble informational packets for review by the program director with application, CV, exam scores, personal statement, letters of reference and community service information.
- Organize and coordinate interview days for prospective fellows including follow up.
- Assist with fellow evaluations for each core lecture, fellow evaluation of faculty, quarterly faculty evaluation of fellow, end of year fellow evaluation of the program.
- Provide up-to-date information to the department web master on the fellowship programs as appropriate for maintenance of the department web site.
- Coordinate all required electronic recordkeeping and data services for the fellowship, medical student and other radiology visitors' programs.
- Manage MedHub, software required by the GME office for fellowship reporting, software for evaluations, and all other necessary reporting tools as may be required by the University or national accreditation boards.
- Manage hard copy and electronic files of fellows who enter or leave the program and respond to all requests for confirmation of fellowship or letters of reference.
- All financial management activities are under the overall direction of the Department Director of Finance and Administration, who has responsibility for departmental funds, serves as the fund administrator and overall approving official. Within these parameters, the coordinator will complete funding forms for ACGME fellows paid through GME and assist with conference related expenses covered by fellow academic funds.
Academic Services Principal Professional
- Assist CHCO administration with clinical scheduling and updates in program (QGenda).
- Maintain compliance with Department, University and CU Medicine policies and procedures.
- Assist CHCO administration for faculty recredentialing process.
- Serve as liaison and administrative support for faculty career development.
- Maintain faculty expense account and track expenses on faculty academic spreadsheet.
- Act as purchasing liaison, lead for travel coordination and all reimbursement processes in Concur as well as overseeing the funds available for these activities.
- Assist Vice Chief of academic affairs in the division of Pediatric Radiology in faculty tracking and reporting to payroll manager for monthly entry in HCM time collection.
in addition to the Senior level duties the principal level duties will include:
Education Program Administration:
Recruitment & Evaluations:
- Manage ACGME required documentation and maintenance including duty hours, program handbook, rotation goals and objectives and faculty scholarly activity.
Data and Recordkeeping:
- Manages all aspects of the annual Residency recruitment processes, including:
- Screening and evaluating applicants using each Residency Program's qualifications and ACGME criteria.
- Establishing interview days for residents.
- Coordinating faculty interviewers, space and transportation for prospective residents.
- Gathering and assembling interview results.
- Overseeing the Resident Match process, which includes coordinating a faculty ranking session and submitting the Match list online.
- Crafting and reviewing letters of offer/acceptance.
- Manage fellow evaluations for each core lecture, fellow evaluation of faculty, quarterly faculty evaluation of fellow, end of year fellow evaluation of the program.
- Special projects and assignments to provide analysis on existing processes, develop new processes, gather data for special reports.
- Prepares budgets controls, and monitors revenue and expenditure activity for the program.
- Coordinates program and fiscal policies related to residency needs at all training site locations, including the University of Colorado Hospital (UCH), the Denver Veteran's Administration Medical Center (VAMC), Denver Health Medical Center (DHMC), National Jewish (NJH) and others.
- Other duties as assigned.
Onsite – this role is expected to work onsite and is located in Aurora, Colorado. Why Join Us:
The University of Colorado offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition benefits, ECO pass, paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays and more. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits-wellness
. Diversity and Equity:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications: Senior Level:
- A bachelor's degree in business, business administration, healthcare administration, public administration, communications, or a directly related field from an accredited institution and 2 years of professional level experience in an academic healthcare environment.
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis, but not for the specific experience.
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Preferred Qualifications:
- A bachelor's degree in education, psychology, business, public administration, health care, educational technology, social science, liberal arts, communications, accounting, finance, library science, or a directly related field from an accredited institution. Three (3) years of professional experience in higher education or business administrative role(s).
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis, but not for the specific experience
- Experience working in an academic environment, with an emphasis on the day-to-day management of business and administrative operations.
- Experience working with GME and UCD software systems.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a business or health related field.
- Experience coordinating travel and related purchasing and expense reimbursements.
- Experience providing administrative and technical assistant to faculty and staff within a higher education and/or medical education environment.
- High level administrative support in an academic medical education environment for at least 3 years.
- Experience in higher education procurement and travel software.
How to Apply:
- Understand and maintain compliance with GME, Department and University's administrative and financial processes and policies.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate with team members, staff, faculty and leadership.
- Flexibility and the ability to quickly adapt to various situations.
- Strong team player with excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and reasoning ability.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
For full consideration, please submit the following document(s):
- A letter of interest describing relevant job experiences as they relate to listed job qualifications and interest in the position (only use if a cover letter is necessary)
- Curriculum vitae / Resume
- Three to five professional references, including name, address, phone number (mobile number if appropriate), and email address
Questions should be directed to: Cindy Mansfield email@example.com Screening of Applications Begins:
Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by 9/15/23. Those who do not apply by this date may or may not be considered. Anticipated Pay Range:
The starting salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established as
Senior Professional $51,525 – $65,540
Principal Professional $59,254 – $75,372
The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. This position may be eligible for overtime compensation, depending on the level.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125 ADA Statement:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
​. Background Check Statement:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Vaccination Statement:
CU Anschutz strongly encourages vaccination against the COVID-19 virus and other vaccine preventable diseases
. If you work, visit, or volunteer in healthcare facilities or clinics operated by our affiliated hospital or clinical partners or by CU Anschutz, you will be required to comply with the vaccination and medical surveillance policies of the facilities or clinics where you work, visit, or volunteer, respectively. In addition, if you work in certain research areas or perform certain safety sensitive job duties, you must enroll in the occupational health medical surveillance program
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Job Category
: Academic Services Primary Location
: Aurora Department: U0001 -- DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS - 20295 - SOM-RAD GENERAL OPERATIONS Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: Aug 24, 2023 Unposting Date
: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: Cindy Mansfield Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00745567
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency