Provost and Executive Vice President
About This Role:
Kansas State University (K-State) seeks an experienced, accomplished and authentic leader with a strong commitment to student access and success, and the mission of land-grant institutions, to serve as its next Provost and Executive Vice President (Provost/EVP). Reporting to the president, the Provost/EVP serves as the university's chief academic officer and a strategic leader on all aspects of university governance and the academic enterprise.
The Provost/EVP partners with the President and other university leaders on the design and implementation of the University's strategic and operational activities, with primary responsibility for providing positive and effective leadership for the University's academic endeavors and for shaping the academic culture of K-State. The Provost/EVP oversees the university curriculum, faculty appointments, and other academically related areas at a Carnegie R1 Research and leading land-grant university. The Provost/EVP has general charge and responsibility for the supervision and oversight of all academic colleges, schools, programs, and campuses as well as the university's strategic enrollment management activities. In addition, the Provost/EVP serves on the President's Cabinet, leads the Deans' Council, and provides state-wide leadership by serving on the Council of Chief Academic Officers of the Kansas Board of Regents.
For more details about this role, please review the executive profile.
For more information about Kansas State University, please visit our University Profile. Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the Principles of Community.What You'll Need to Succeed:Minimum Qualifications:
- A professional record that demonstrates the highest personal integrity.
- An earned doctorate or other terminal degree from an accredited institution.
- A record of outstanding scholarship and a strategic understanding of the integration of research, teaching and engagement to maximize the potential impact of a land-grant university. Experience shall merit an appointment of full professor with tenure in one of K-State's academic departments.
- Demonstrated success in planning, leading, and managing projects, groups, or organizations of similar size and complexity to Kansas State University, including a record of bringing ideas and visions to fruition, working with and supervising faculty and staff, organizing and prioritizing work, working effectively with colleagues across colleges and other senior university leadership, listening to other's inputs, and making decisive, difficult decisions when necessary.
- Demonstrated success developing and managing significant and complex budgets and financial projections.
- Demonstrated success in an academic administrative position in higher education that includes: team building and collaboration, experience in a broad range of academic disciplines, transparency in decision-making, respect for the opinions of others, and the exercise of creativity, vision, and entrepreneurial spirit in developing and achieving goals.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in a shared governance environment.
- Demonstrated experience and appreciation for the various facets of diversity, equity, and inclusion in a university setting.
- Demonstrated understanding of issues related to student success, strategic enrollment management, and academic and career advising.
- Commitment, passion and an understanding of the breadth and scope of the land-grant mission.
- Successful experience leading and executing strategic planning; substantive and decisive evaluation of academic programs, learning outcomes, assessment methodologies and accreditation standards; developing new and innovative academic programs, including interdisciplinary programs; and the application of new technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with faculty hiring, retention, evaluation and promotion and tenure in a higher education environment.
- A record of serving as a highly motivated approachable leader and team player who possesses a tremendous level of energy, is decisive and willing to take risks, and who functions effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Holds or is able to secure a security clearance.
Other Requirements:Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment How to Apply:
- Successful record growing student enrollment with some leadership experience in the areas of strategic enrollment management, fostering student success for undergraduate, graduate, and/or adult learner student populations.
- Proven ability to initiate, lead, and facilitate transformational change and innovation initiatives, be adaptable with changing conditions, and comfortable with the ambiguity that accompanies a large public university.
- Demonstrated creativity and leadership in developing external resources, including such activities as fundraising, grant development, partnership development, community engagement, working with alumni and friends of the institution, and constituency building.
- Interest and ability to grow international engagement and a desire to create and support partnerships with academic programs at universities worldwide.
- A record of success supporting the development of innovative credit and non-credit bearing educational opportunities (including in-person, hybrid and online) to meet the needs of today's learners.
- Experience with multiple campus institutions.
- Familiarity with the legal issues impacting academic institutions.
- Familiarity with a wide array of funding models.
- A record that demonstrates an astute connection to the local, regional and national higher education community and an understanding of the current economic and political realities that impact colleges and universities.
WittKieffer is assisting Kansas State University in this search. Application materials should be submitted using WittKieffer's candidate portal
Nominations and inquiries are invited and can be directed to K-StateProvost@wittkieffer.com Screening of Applications Begins:
For fullest consideration, candidate materials must be received by October 16, 2023. Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran. Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
23 Aug 2023
Open until filled
To apply, visit https://careers.k-state.edu/cw/en-us/job/515923/provost-and-executive-vice-president
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency