Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence.
For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs.
Note: Current FAU employees must apply as an internal applicant by logging into their existing Workday employee account.Position Summary:
The Schmidt College of Medicine is dedicated to establishing an open, supportive environment and an educational experience that values the richness of varied perspectives as integral components of academic excellence. Applicants who can contribute to this vision are encouraged to apply and highlight their strengths in this regard.
The Schmidt College of Medicine at Florida Atlantic University is seeking an Assistant Program Director to join its Emergency Medicine Residency Program. This position is intended for faculty with experience in teaching, leadership, innovation and clinical service in an emergency medicine residency program. We are seeking faculty who can contribute to the excellence in our program through their research, teaching, and service. Board certification in emergency medicine is required, and individuals with sub-specialty fellowship training are strongly preferred.
This University-based program is sponsored by Florida Atlantic University in collaboration with our Graduate Medical Education Consortium. The Emergency Medicine Residency utilizes three Consortium hospitals (Bethesda Hospital East, Delray Medical Center and St. Mary’s Medical Center) to provide a robust clinical exposure encompassing a wide range of patient cases, ensuring that residents are well-equipped for autonomous practice in the future.
Work directly with other residency leadership (Program Director, other APDs and Program Manager) to:
- Administer and maintain a positive educational environment for residents and faculty of the Emergency Medicine Residency
- Help to ensure the quality of didactic and clinical education meet Accreditation Counsel of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) emergency medicine residency requirements
- Assist to assure compliance with all requirements as set forth by the ACGME and the Emergency Medicine Residency Review Committee
- Provide residents with the require semi-annual evaluation as well as real time feedback on academic and clinical performance
- Participate in educational initiatives for medical students as opportunities arise
- Maintain clinical competence in your independent practice of emergency medicine and while supervising emergency medicine residents, other rotating residents, and medical students
- Serve as a member of the Clinical Competency Committee and Program Evaluation Committee
- Serve as a role model to residents and medical students as an emergency medicine physician with excellent clinical skills
- Maintain board certification in emergency medicine with continuing certification requirements for maintenance of certification
- Develop a career focus in scholarly activity and develop a portfolio of publications, presentations and academic focus reportable yearly in the electronic ACGME web ADS
- The ACGME scholarly requirements for core EM faculty are updated from time to time. You will be expected to maintain scholarly activity at or above requirements to maintain status as an EM core faculty
- Attend FAU emergency medicine residency conferences (including simulation) serving as a proctor/instructor when assigned by residency leadership
- Attend faculty development activities as recommended by the Emergency Medicine Residency Program Director, Designated Institutional Official (DIO) or Department Chair
- Complete special projects and perform other duties as assigned
The Schmidt College of Medicine at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.Minimum Qualifications:
•MD or DO degree
•American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM or ABOEM) board certification in Emergency Medicine
•Full unrestricted Florida medical license or ability to obtain license prior to start date and current DEA
•Credentials that merit appointment at the rank of at least assistant professor
•Applicants must have significant teaching experience with residents and demonstrated teaching excellence (at least one-year core faculty experience preferred)
•The preferred candidate has completed a fellowship in an emergency medicine sub-specialty preference given to: medical education, disaster medicine, simulation or sports medicine)
•The skill to communicate proficiently with a broad spectrum of students, residents, fellows, and employees hailing from a wide array of backgrounds.
•A strong clinical reputation with the ability to be credentialed for full clinical privileges at our partner hospitals
•Current ACLS, PALS, BLS, and ATLS certifications.Salary:
Commensurate with ExperienceCollege or Department:
College of MedicineLocation:
Bethesda Hospital EastWork Days and Hours:
2024-01-02Special Instructions to Applicant:
This position is open until filled and may close without prior notice.
This position is subject to funding.
All applicants must apply electronically to the currently posted position on the Office of Human Resources' job website (https://fau.edu/jobs) by completing the required employment application for this recruitment and submitting the related documents.
FAU’s Career Page permits the attachment of required/requested documentation.
PLEASE NOTE: A maximum of five (5) documents may be attached to your application. If more than five (5) documents are required for submission, please combine additional documents into a single attachment to not exceed the maximum permitted.
The site permits the attachment of required/requested documentation. When completing the online application, please upload the following: a cover letter and curriculum vitae.
The selected candidate for this position is required to submit an official transcript sent directly from the institution for the Provost’s credential file prior to the first day of employment. Similarly, for degrees from outside the United States, the evaluation by an organization belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation (NACES), with an indication of the documents the evaluation was prepared from (official transcripts, diplomas, dissertation abstracts) is required for the Provost’s credential file prior to the first day of employment. Transcripts must be issued to Florida Atlantic University, not to the individual applicant.
Successful completion of a pre-employment background check is required for the candidate selected for this position.
As a Hispanic-serving institution, Florida Atlantic University (FAU) is one of the most racially and ethnically diverse institutions in the Florida state university system. We are committed to recruiting and retaining talented and diverse faculty and staff. We embrace our shared responsibility to create and celebrate a diverse, welcoming, inclusive, and equitable campus environment for all. Our community features excellent schools, a vibrant and safe community, and a sub-tropical climate conductive to year-round outdoor activities.
Individuals requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711