Instructor- Clinical Educator; Multiple Locations Available
* Job Summary
Job ID: 259479
Position # 40054574
The Medical College of Georgia (MCG) at Augusta University (AU) seeks a faculty member at the rank of Instructor to serve as a Clinical Educator for the Standardized Patient (SP) Program. Reporting to the Director of the Standardized Patient Program, the Clinical Educator is an individual that develops and provides all SP training in all aspects of case portrayal, physical exam procedures, equipment, room set-up and medical procedures using established standards of best practice. The selected candidate will work closely with the Director of the SP program and MCG Campus Simulation Leadership in the planning and implementation of educational events utilizing SPs. Duties also include teaching, planning and coordination of Education Simulation events not directly utilizing SP's. Duties also include the recruitment, hiring, scheduling and performance evaluation of SP advisors, as well as advising regional and MCG faculty on simulation and procedure-based learning experiences. A key job duty is to coordinate with Experiential Learning, the educational events at regional campuses; including PCL courses, capstone, bedside procedural education, education simulation and other experiential learning courses. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, strong interpersonal, public speaking and writing skills, and the ability to effectively collaborate with faculty, staff, and leadership.Responsibilities
Standardized Patient Program Responsibilities
- Provides training to standardized patient (SP) advisors including case portrayal, equipment, room set-up and procedures utilizing best practices for SP Education and current training techniques.
- Performs periodic performance review and evaluation of the standardized patient advisors for authenticity and accuracy. Provide feedback to ensure standards of quality and effectiveness of the standardized patient program.
- Develops and implement a remediation process for underperforming SP advisors under the guidance of the SP Director
- Assist in the management, planning, coordination and organization of bedside procedural education events as part of MCG 3+ curricula for PCL Clerkship, and Enrichment.
- Coordinate with the Director of Bedside Procedural Education for effective use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Assists the standardized patient director with the recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of new standardized patient advisors.
- Onboards new standardized patient advisors.
- Serves as a resource regarding day of event issues for state-wide campuses.
- Supervises and trains all state-wide campus standardized patient advisors used in simulation-based education courses
- Advises state-wide and community faculty in the development, design, and implementation of procedural based or simulated workshops according to best practices and tailored to meet specific curricular goals in coordination with the MCG Educational Simulation program.
- Acts as a liaison for MCG bedside procedure-based learning experiences for experiential learning throughout case preparation, room setup, and events.
- Maintains effective communication with staff, faculty, and students associated with SP Program activities.
- Assists with evaluating and ensuring program quality and determining areas of improvement
- Perform other responsibilities and projects as needed.
- Provide input into the design, development, and implementation of bedside educational procedure activities in collaboration with Associate Dean of Experiential Learning, Director of Procedural Education, Enrichment PCL Course Director, and Assistant Dean of Education Simulation. Ensure standards of quality and effectiveness of the educational program, ensure content is aligned and integrated in the curriculum, and perform periodic review and evaluation of the program to identify opportunities and make recommendations for growth and improvement.
Experiential Learning Responsibilities
- Act as a liaison for regional campuses for Experiential Learning experiences throughout case preparation, room setup, and events.
- Work with the Director of Bedside Procedural Education for effective use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Help identify and assist with management of external funding sources for Experiential Learning.
- Maintain field-specific competencies in bedside procedural education. Perform other responsibilities and projects as needed.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree Minimum of 5 years of clinical experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
Required faculty employment qualifications for all USG institutions and all academic ranks within these institutions shall be: Consistent with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)'s requirements for institutional accreditation;
Evidence of ability as a teacher;
Evidence of activity as a scholar and ability in all other duties assigned;
Successful experience (which will necessarily be waived for those just entering the academic profession who meet all other requirements); and,
Desirable personal qualities judged on the basis of personal interview, complete biographical data, and recommendations.
Prior teaching experience with students Familiarity with the use of personal computers and audio and visual equipment.
This position is fiscal year based and works year-round.
The intended work commitment or full-time equivalent (FTE) for this position is 1.0 and considered full-time.
Salary and compensation is commensurate with education, experience, and achievements. The salary is subject to availability of funds.
Comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, 13 paid holidays, vacation leave, sick leave, generous retirement plans, tuition waiver, wellness options, and much more!
Also, our full-time employees who have been employed with us successfully for more than 6 months can be considered for the Tuition Assistance Program.
Rank and salary are determined at the time of hire and are based on a variety of factors including but not limited to experience, education, credentials, specialty, training, etc. while also considering internal equity and market data.
Advancement through the faculty ranks at Augusta University is only through the annual Promotion and Tenure process in which faculty may apply if eligible (typically five-year increments). For more information on ranks, please review the Augusta University Promotion and Tenure Guidelines: https://www.augusta.edu/hr/faculty-support-ser/procedures/augusta_university_promotion_tenure_guidelines_feb_2020.pdf
The Medical College of Georgia is one of the nation's largest medical schools by class size, with 260 students per class. The educational experience is anchored by the main campus in Augusta, regional clinical campuses for third- and fourth-year students across the state and a second four-year campus in Athens in partnership with the University of Georgia. MCG's expanding partnerships with physicians and hospitals across Georgia currently provides about 350 sites where students can experience the full spectrum of medicine, from complex care hospitals to small-town solo practices. MCG and its teaching hospitals also provide postgraduate education to more than 500 residents and fellows in 50 different Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education-approved programs. Our researchers and clinicians focus on what most impacts the health of Georgia's and America's children and adults, including cardiovascular biology and disease, cancer, neurosciences and behavioral sciences, public and preventive health, regenerative and reparative medicine, personalized medicine and genomics. Our physician faculty also share their expertise with physicians and patients at about 100 clinics and hospitals statewide.
Augusta University is Georgia's innovation center for education and health care, training the next generation of innovators, leaders, and healthcare providers in classrooms and clinics on four campuses in Augusta and locations across the state. More than 9,000 students choose Augusta for educational opportunities at the center of Georgia's cybersecurity hub and experiential learning that blends arts and application, humanities, and the health sciences. Augusta is home to Georgia's only public academic health center, where groundbreaking research is creating a healthier, more prosperous Georgia, and world-class clinicians are bringing the medicine of tomorrow to patient care today.
This position is needed at any of the MCG Statewide Campuses located in:
Conditions of Employment
All selected candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.
If applicable for the specific position based on the duties: the candidate will also need to have a credit check completed for Positions of Trust and or approved departmental Purchase Card usage.
Motor vehicle reports are required for positions that are required to drive an Augusta University vehicle.
For Faculty Hires: Final candidates will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree(s) as well as post-secondary coursework in the form of original transcript(s). Those candidates trained by a foreign institution will also be required to provide an educational/credential evaluation.
All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during their employment and beyond.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.
How To Apply
To be considered an applicant for this position, you must apply online at http://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/faculty.
Please upload your Curriculum Vitae, Research Statement, Professional References, etc., as one document.
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer-friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner every day with patients and families for success."
Augusta University is a tobacco-free environment, and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=12000&JobOpeningId=259479&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency