JOB TITLE: Coordinator of Advancement Services
FLSA STATUS: Exempt (Salaried)
DEPARTMENT: University Advancement
REPORTS TO: Director of Advancement Services
JOB STATUS: Full-time (at least 37.5 hours per week)
LOCATION: On Site
PRIMARY PURPOSE/ POSITION SUMMARY:
Under the general supervision of the Director of Advancement Services, the Coordinator of Advancement Services assists the University Advancement (UA) team’s fundraising efforts through accurate record keeping, reporting and research. The Coordinator provides technical assistance and training for users of the advancement database, and assists the Director in maintaining database accuracy, integrity and efficiency. The Coordinator will be responsible for preliminary prospect research and will support the Director as needed.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL DOMINICAN EMPLOYEES:
To support the University's mission of preparing students to pursue truth, to give compassionate service, and to participate in the creation of a more just and humane world.
JOB COMPONENTS/PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Database Support and Reporting
- Assist in data cleaning and quality control efforts to ensure the integrity and accuracy of Dominican University donor and alumnae/i records.
- Create and update constituent records.
- With guidance, execute recurring data import and export projects which support targeted fundraising efforts (direct mail, email, and tele-funding campaigns, among others)
- Serve as backup, as needed, for Gift Processing. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Gift entry for donations, pledges, acknowledgements, grants, sponsorships, and other gift types in a timely and accurate manner.
- The production of gift tax-receipt letters and emails.
- The execution of simple gift reporting on an established schedule.
- Support in all aspects of the CRM database training and maintain policies and procedures manuals ensuring compliance across organization.
- Respond to data requests, which may include tasks related to constituent records and information, in a timely manner (i.e., queries, bio maintenance, constituent codes, funds, appeals, attributes, relationships, events, and event attendance).
- Manage the UA office project to transition the majority paper filing system to a primarily electronic filing system. Develop a policy to maintain accurate and secure files. Assist with inquiries regarding UA confidential files.
- Support the team with donor pipeline research.
- Proactively research external news sources including the Chicago Tribune, Google Alerts and Legacy for prospect, donor and alumnae/i news and information.
- Aid in maintaining the Deceased Records policy and communications.
- Manage ResearchPoint prospect management tool through regular data maintenance, audits and general prospect pool evaluations.
- On site presence required at University Advancement events as needed. Attendance required at two annual events –Trustee Benefit & Alumnae/i Reunion Weekend.
- Support event logistics.
- Provide event participant reporting, maintain event attendance records in Raiser’s Edge database.
- Manage the subscriptions for Advancement Services. Renew subscriptions on schedule, research alternative solutions for cost savings.
- Process Advancement Services mail. Track all records for auditing and security purposes.
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities as assigned and appropriate, recognizing that University Advancement is an integrated office requiring occasional participation in assignments that do not fall under this specific job description.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience working in an office environment
- Experience working in a CRM database
- Excellent skills in excel
- Experience using any of the following software platforms: Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, Blackbaud Merchant Services, Blackbaud Net Community, Blackbaud’s Research Point, Blackbaud Guided Fundraising, or ImportOmatic.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to analyze and review operational procedures, identify problem areas, and optimize performance through procedural changes.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information.
A background screening is required.
Dominican University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to the goal of building an equity-centered faculty and staff committed to teaching, working, and learning in a multicultural environment. Dominican University believes that justice, equity, and inclusion are critical to our growth and development and seek to recruit, develop, and retain from a diverse pool of applicants who bring varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.
If you need accommodations due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.