Support StaffClassification Title:
College Support ServicesPosition Title:
Academic Administrative Assistant - Dance, Music, and TheatrePosition Number:
O00503Pay Grade Level:
Music DepartmentPosting Number:
S 121301218Full or Part Time:
Part TimeNumber of Months:
9 months, 20 hrs. per weekFTE:
Part-time position of 20 hours per week, 9 months per year. Exact schedule to be determined.Basic Function:
Provides general administrative support to the departments of Dance, Music, and Theatre. Works as part of a team, led by the Academic Program Coordinator, to manage records, and provide general office and course support to department chairs and program faculty. May supervise students.Essential Job Functions:
- Organizes and maintains records and files, including syllabi, grading rubrics, abstracts, etc. Maintains documentation of schedules and directories. Purchases and maintains office and course supplies. Maintains department mail and calendar, secures room requests, organizes and oversees workorders, maintains equipment in chamber rooms and maintains pianos in teaching spaces, including arranging for tuning.
- As part of team, led by the Academic Program Coordinator, provides logistical support for departmental events including securing space, communications, and catering, making travel arrangements for visitors and assisting with the development of itineraries.
- Monitor and oversee the Eisner room scheduling web service, maintain access lists, and ensure students and teachers can use the learning spaces effectively. Maintains data and documentation regarding department and course enrollment, emails distribution lists, curriculum information, and course offerings. Provides information for course offerings and room preferences to the Registrar. Assists departments with assessment exams including purchasing, scheduling, compiling, and being a first point of contact for students.
- Manage music lockers, coordinate student instrument loans, keep an inventory of musical instruments. Work as part of team, led by Academic Program Coordinator, to ensure all scholarships are processed, and coordinate the notification and scheduling for the scholarship auditions.
- Works with the Academic Program Coordinator to provide administrative support to faculty by providing information and preparing various materials for courses and/or publication. Assists with management of course materials and their submission to the registrar, including entering governance proposals into the PROM system.
- Provide logistical assistance in the student hiring process for fellows, ensemble managers, and other departmental student employees. May supervise students.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GEDPreferred Qualifications:
Associate’s Degree in Business Administration, Office Administration, or related fieldPhysical Demands:
Office environmentOpen Until Filled:
YesDenison University Background Check Statement:
The final candidate will undergo a background check as a conditional offer of employment.Denison University EEO Statement :
To achieve our mission as a liberal arts college, we continually strive to attract and hire candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences and identities. Denison fosters a campus community that recognizes the value of all persons regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender expression and identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or socio-economic background. For additional information and resources about diversity at Denison, please see our Diversity Guide (https://denison.edu/forms/diversity-guide). Denison University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.