Director of Enrollment & Retention Communications - Digital Learning at UT
Digital Learning at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, is a newly created unit charged with advancing UT’s commitment to discovery, creativity, learning, and engagement, specifically for online learners. Using advanced and innovative technologies, Digital Learning at UT will provide scalable solutions that enhance the online learning experience and reduce barriers to student access and success, providing a tremendous impact to online learners across the state and the nation. At Digital Learning at UT, we want to be bold and impactful, transforming the future of online education through innovative thinking and collaboration problem-solving.
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville is seeking a dynamic leader to serve as the Director, Enrollment and Retention Communications for Digital Learning at UT. S/he oversees all aspects of the planning, execution, and measurement of highly personalized communication journeys for prospective and enrolled students. The Director, Enrollment and Retention Communications works closely with other Digital Learning at UT and UT stakeholders to drive innovation and impact for online enrollment at the University.
This role seeks to advance UT’s mission by collaborating with diverse teams, creating forward-thinking experiences, and developing customizable enrollment and retention efforts that support UT and Digital Learning at UT overall goals. The Director, Enrollment and Retention Communications reports to the Executive Director, Marketing of Digital Learning at UT and leads a high-performing and dynamic team in a fast-paced environment. This position will also work in lock-step with UT's Office of Communications and Marketing (OCM) on the larger university standards, ensuring brand alignment and integrity.
- Develop, manage, and enhance enrollment and retention strategies, including the identification and optimization of key performance indicators
- Utilize consumer data to aid in the development of high-impact growth strategies at key points in the enrollment journey
- Identify and define segments to power personalized communications, driving growth throughout the consumer life cycle - from prospective student through post-graduation
- Outline and generate enrollment and retention communication efforts for Digital Learning at UT across the university in conjunction with colleges and units at various levels of leadership
Marketing Reporting and Analytics
- Conduct, analyze and present consumer retention information on a regular basis to inform data-driven decisions as well as educate key stakeholders of key strategic insights
- Champion digital engagement efforts in support of Digital Learning at UT goals including, but not limited to, email, SMS, digital re-marketing, etc.
- Monitor, identify and analyze local and national trends in education, admission, and tuition programs that impact Digital Learning at UT enrollment and retention goals, and provide meaningful reporting to cross-functional leadership across the university
Team Leadership - Development, Accountability, and Evaluation
- Oversees a team of marketing and communications professionals who operate in a fast-paced environment and delivers an assortment of outreach and engagement efforts
- Creates buy-in from multiple constituents in a collaborative cross-functional environment
Relationship Development - Communication, Collaboration, and Partnership
- Cross-functional leader who collaborates closely with the Digital Learning at UT marketing team, all operational units within Digital Learning at UT, and the Office of Communications and Marketing (OCM) at UT to ensure marketing and learner goals are met
- Provides exceptional relationship management by creating synergies with internal teams, marketing units across campus, and external vendors/partners
- Contribute in meaningful ways to the diversity and intercultural goals of the University
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or combined relevant experience
- 10 years of experience which includes 3-5 years of supervisory/leadership experience
- Proven ability to develop and implement results-driven processes and support growing teams.
- Master’s degree in in Marketing, Communications or combined relevant experience
- At least 10 years of relevant marketing, communications, media relations, and/or earned media experience with demonstrated experience leading projects and teams in this space.
- Experience working in higher education
For full consideration, applicants must attach a letter of interest, resume, and the name, address, email, and phone number of three professional references, in addition to completing the applicant file to the Human Resources online application system, Taleo. Screening of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled.Job:
Digital Learning At UtSchedule:
Sep 26, 2023, 9:25:19 AM