Executive Director, CRM Technologies - Digital Learning at UT
Digital Learning at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, is a newly created unit charged with advancing UT’s commitment to discovery, creativity, learning, and engagement, specifically for online learners. Using advanced and innovative technologies, Digital Learning at UT will provide scalable solutions that enhance the online learning experience and reduce barriers to student access and success, providing a tremendous impact to online learners across the state and the nation. At Digital Learning at UT, we want to be bold and impactful, transforming the future of online education through innovative thinking and collaboration problem-solving.
The Executive Director of CRM Technologies provides leadership oversight and full support for the CRM platforms of the Digital Learning at UT technical environment. The position provides leadership by planning, leading and directing system integration to support a robust relationship management system, a digital marketing platform and a personalized experience to enhance Digital Learning at UT engagement strategies. The position provides unit-wide support in the planning, management, supervision of staff and operations of the Digital Learning at UT CRM technical team(s). Within a highly collaborative, agile, and entrepreneurial environment, position assists with defining the long-term direction in the use of CRM technology, aligning with the strategic goals of the division and the University. Position will work closely with the Digital Learning at UT unit(s) to support their programming, marketing, and communications efforts at scale. The position will oversee a group of approximately 6-10 technical staff as well as manage the relationship with contracted support vendors.
- Oversight of daily operations of CRM systems and staff to include workflows, establishing priorities, developing standards, procures, policies, and setting deadlines.
- In collaboration with functional and technical staff, design and implement a CRM strategy to enhance Digital Learning at UT enrollment, retention, and engagement.
- Translates business strategy and vision into a data strategy through partnerships with key business stakeholders.
- Maps business opportunities to appropriate data architecture patterns and evolves data architecture as business strategies and technologies mature.
- Participates in development, implementation and revision of Digital Learning at UT Technology goals and objectives with the outcome to improve database management and CRM systems.
- Identifies creative solutions and uses appropriate technology to provide most effective results consistent with university and departmental goals and objectives.
- Manages and develops testing programs for new releases of CRM applications to identify changes and/or revisions, which impact operations.
- Analyze the long-range impact of decisions and plans to ensure they match the strategic vision.
- Ensure most effective operations of the unit through program development, process improvement, and coordination/integration of processes with other departments.
- Direct, assign and review the work of managers, professionals, and support staff.
- Identify strategic areas for development or areas that need improvement.
- Ensure that the Digital Learning at UT internal technological processes and customer-facing services comply with community expectations and applicable laws and regulations for privacy, security, and social responsibility.
- Solve complex, controversial, or unprecedented issues and problems for Digital Learning at UT staff and customers.
- Evaluate the organizations' technology, users' needs and recommend improvements, operations budget and expenditure.
- Meet with peers, department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, students, staff, faculty, and others to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
- Participate in periodic management meetings to keep top management informed of department problems and concerns.
- Stay abreast of advancement in technology.
Meeting, Trainings, Special Projects and other Duties:
- Manage Digital Learning at UT technical projects, as assigned.
- Lead special projects, including CRM Platform(s) deployment, integrations and support.
- Serve on working committees within EdPlus which include implementation of new services and programs both internally and campus wide.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Represent Digital Learning at UT in campus-level meetings.
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, and training staff.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences, Bus Admin, Bus Analytics or other relevant field.
- 7 years of relevant management experience, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences, Bus Admin, Bus Analytics or other relevant field.
- Experience in CRM technologies, data management, analytics, integrations, ETL processes.
- Understanding of data structures, analytics, and reporting capabilities within CRM.
- Experience working in higher education.
For full consideration, applicants must attach a letter of interest, resume, and the name, address, email, and phone number of three professional references, in addition to completing the applicant file to the Human Resources online application system, Taleo.Job:
Digital Learning At UtSchedule:
Oct 27, 2023, 10:02:27 AM