: Professional StaffSubscribe:
: Student AffairsLocations:
: Boston, MAPosted:
: Aug 18, 2023Closes:
: Oct 5, 2023 - 11:59 PM EDTType:
: Full-timeRef. No.:
: UNPPosition ID:
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Bunker Hill is also a Hispanic Service Institution, defined as an institution that has an enrollment of undergrad full-time equivalent students that is at least 25 percent Hispanic students. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
Living in Boston
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America. Twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offer more than 600,000 residents the opportunity to taste, touch, and experience things from all over the world. Neighbors benefit from exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, and a solid network of parks, community centers, and libraries. For more information about Boston go to: http://www.cityofboston.gov/residents.
- Directly manage and oversee all DISH Food Pantry locations, including the main DISH Food Pantry, the G-Building DISH Food Pantry Satellite Office, and the Chelsea Campus.
- Serve as the professional staff point of contact for the DISH. Oversee all logistics, food procurement and distribution, collection and reporting of data, campus relations, social media and promotion.
- Conduct all recruitment, on-boarding and supervision of all student staff that work as part of the DISH team.
- Assesses student needs and makes referrals to on-campus and off-campus resources.
- As the SERV Safe Manager, supervise all interactions within the pantry to assure compliance with the highest food safety standards.
- Work closely with the Greater Boston Food Bank and other local partners to secure nutritious food and other basic needs resources to enhance student success at BHCC.
- Utilize a variety of technological software (i.e., Microsoft applications, BHCC systems, productivity technology tools and social networking applications, etc.) for food inventory, pantry ordering by end users, communication, services promotion and marketing materials.
- Works directly with BHCC Foundation and established donors to the DISH.
- Performs related administrative duties, assignments, or special projects as required.
- Stays current on national best practices in Student Affairs and College Food pantries and applies these principles.
- Maintains accurate records of pantry inventory, food distribution and donations received.
- Maintain knowledge of and protect student's rights as guaranteed by FERPA.
- Develop active, positive, professional relationships with students and student groups.
- Support, attend and participate in campus-wide student affairs programs to facilitate positive outreach to students.
- Work closely with Single Stop Office & Director to communicate about student needs, develop programming, and engage in join advocacy work.
- In collaboration with Integrated Marketing & Communications, serve as the main point of contact for all media requests (including live & pre-recorded video tapings, news articles, etc.) regarding DISH Food Pantry operations and initiatives.
- Establish and implement assessment initiatives to collect research statistics, student/staff testimonials, and prepare detailed reports for dissemination to donors, professional groups, and community members.
- Directly supervise staff across all pantry locations, including up to 10 student staff members, a part-time pantry worker for the Chelsea Campus, and a graduate student intern by providing hands-on training, creating professional development opportunities, and ensuring health & safety compliance.
- Engage in local, statewide, and national advocacy work regarding food insecurity initiatives, especially on the college/community college level.
- Design and implement Textbook Assistance Program system to promote Open Educational Resource (OER) mission and provide bookstore vouchers to students.
- Be an active member of the Student Affairs Leadership team.
- Participate on College committees as needed.
- Master's degree in Higher Education Administration, College Student Personnel, or related field.
- Five years relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience; including managing a food pantry or equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Food Insecurity and Basic Needs issues at the collegiate level.
- Project and/or grant management experience.
- ServSafe Certification or willing to receive certification.
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff, and student population.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral, written, and interpersonal communications.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Salary Range: $59,939.00 - $70, 120.00 Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate with Education & Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Full State Benefits.
Grade: 6, Unit-Professional position
Review Date: Applications will be accepted until October 5, 2023
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as noted above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience has prepared them with the equivalent combination of education, training and experience required for the responsibilities of this position.
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE