Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence.
For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs.
Note: Current FAU employees must apply as an internal applicant by logging into their existing Workday employee account.Position Summary:
The FAU Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine seeks a dynamic and collaborative clinical faculty member at the rank of Associate/Full Professor to serve as Program Director for Internal Medicine Residency at Broward North, a key leadership position responsible for overseeing and coordinating the Internal Medicine Residency Program. This role involves providing educational guidance, mentorship, and administrative oversight to residents and faculty members within the program. The Program Director plays a vital role in shaping the educational experience and ensuring the program's compliance with accreditation requirements. The primary work site for this position is the University’s affiliate hospital, Broward Health North.
The mission of the Schmidt College of Medicine as a community-based medical school is to advance the health and well-being of our community by training future generations of humanistic clinicians and scientists and translating discovery to patient-centered care. We are committed to providing educational programs, in partnership with our hospital affiliates, that enable our medical students and residents to become active, self-directed, life-long learners; equip our graduates to effectively treat the patients that they are most likely to encounter in their practices; produce graduates with the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and self-awareness required to practice effective, humanistic, patient-centered, evidence-based medicine; emphasize the centrality of collaborative relationships in the provision of the highest quality comprehensive health care; and foster and value collaboration among medical specialties, and between academic medicine and community health care professionals.
The Program Director for Internal Medicine Residency at Broward Health North - Associate/Full Professor will have the following specific responsibilities:
- Program Leadership: Provide strategic vision and leadership for the Internal Medicine Residency Program, ensuring it aligns with the mission and goals of the institution. Develop and implement educational objectives, policies, and procedures to meet the program's objectives and maintain compliance with accreditation standards.
- Curriculum Development: Design, implement, and evaluate the educational curriculum for residents, incorporating a comprehensive and progressive learning experience. Promote a supportive and inclusive learning environment that fosters residents' professional growth, clinical competence, and scholarly activity.
- Resident Recruitment and Selection: Oversee the resident recruitment and selection process, including participation in the selection committee, reviewing applications, conducting interviews, and making final decisions in collaboration with the Graduate Medical Education (GME) office and institutional policies.
- Faculty Development and Mentorship: Provide guidance and mentorship to faculty members involved in resident education. Support faculty development activities, including facilitating educational workshops, promoting scholarly work, and assisting in the professional growth of faculty members.
- Resident Supervision and Evaluation: Ensure appropriate resident supervision and assessment. Monitor resident performance, provide regular feedback, conduct evaluations, and assist in identifying areas for improvement. Promote resident well-being, professional conduct, and adherence to program requirements.
- Clinical and Didactic Education: Coordinate the delivery of clinical and didactic education, including grand rounds, conferences, simulation activities, and journal clubs. Collaborate with faculty and subspecialty program directors to ensure a comprehensive educational experience for residents.
- Quality Improvement and Accreditation: Lead quality improvement initiatives within the program, regularly reviewing program outcomes and addressing areas for improvement. Ensure compliance with accreditation requirements, participate in site visits, and assist in the preparation of required reports and documentation.
- Research and Scholarly Activity: Encourage and support resident engagement in scholarly activities, research projects, and quality improvement initiatives. Foster an environment that promotes research and facilitate opportunities for resident publication and presentation at conferences.
- Professional Development and Continuous Learning: Stay up-to-date with advances in medical education, program requirements, and accreditation standards. Engage in ongoing professional development through participation in conferences, workshops, and educational forums.
- Collaboration and Interdisciplinary Coordination: Collaborate with other program directors, department chairs, and hospital leadership to ensure coordination and integration of educational activities, resources, and services. Foster collaborative relationships with other residency programs and departments within the institution.
- Administration and Documentation: Manage administrative responsibilities related to the residency program, including maintaining accurate records, ensuring timely completion of evaluations, managing duty hour compliance, and addressing resident concerns and grievances.
- Community Engagement: Promote the program's visibility and engagement within the local medical community. Participate in community outreach initiatives, medical society meetings, and educational events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.Minimum Qualifications:
•M.D. or D.O. from an accredited institution and credentials that merit appointment at the rank of assistant professor or higher required.
•A Florida medical license or eligibility for Florida licensure and Board eligibility/certification in Internal Medicine preferred.
•Completion of an accredited Internal Medicine residency program.
•Experience as a faculty member in an academic setting, with a focus on medical education.
•Demonstrated leadership skills and experience in program administration.
•Familiarity with ACGME (Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education) requirements and accreditation processes.
•Strong commitment to resident education, mentorship, and professional development.
•Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with residents, faculty, staff, and external stakeholders.
•Organizational and managerial abilities to oversee program logistics and administrative tasks.
•Strong ethical and professional conduct.
•Appreciation of the role of holistic care of the patient and family is preferred. The ability to effectively communicate with different members of the healthcare system as well as a variety of learners from diverse backgrounds is required. Applicants with teaching experience with students/residents, experience with administrative organization/leadership of outpatient practices, and/or clinical research/scholarship experience will be most competitive.Salary:
Commensurate with ExperienceCollege or Department:
College of MedicineLocation:
Clinical - Off Campus Location (COM use only)Work Days and Hours:
2024-03-18Special Instructions to Applicant:
This recruitment has been reopened; all previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply. This position is open until filled and may close without prior notice.
This position is subject to funding.
All applicants must apply electronically to the currently posted position on the Office of Human Resources' job website (https://fau.edu/jobs) by completing the required employment application for this recruitment and submitting the related documents.
FAU’s Career Page permits the attachment of required/requested documentation.
PLEASE NOTE: A maximum of five (5) documents may be attached to your application. If more than five (5) documents are required for submission, please combine additional documents into a single attachment to not exceed the maximum permitted.
The site permits the attachment of required/requested documentation. When completing the online application, please upload the following: a cover letter and curriculum vitae.
The selected candidate for this position is required to submit an official transcript sent directly from the institution for the Provost’s credential file prior to the first day of employment. Similarly, for degrees from outside the United States, the evaluation by an organization belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation (NACES), with an indication of the documents the evaluation was prepared from (official transcripts, diplomas, dissertation abstracts) is required for the Provost’s credential file prior to the first day of employment. Transcripts must be issued to Florida Atlantic University, not to the individual applicant.
Successful completion of a pre-employment background check is required for the candidate selected for this position.
As a Hispanic-serving institution, Florida Atlantic University (FAU) is one of the most racially and ethnically diverse institutions in the Florida state university system. We are committed to recruiting and retaining talented and diverse faculty and staff. We embrace our shared responsibility to create and celebrate a diverse, welcoming, inclusive, and equitable campus environment for all. Our community features excellent schools, a vibrant and safe community, and a sub-tropical climate conductive to year-round outdoor activities.
Individuals requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711