Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence.
For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs.
Note: Current FAU employees must apply as an internal applicant by logging into their existing Workday employee account. If you apply incorrectly, you will be automatically disqualified.Position Summary:
The FAU Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine seeks a dynamic and collaborative clinical faculty member at the rank of Assistant/Associate/Full Professor to serve as an Anesthesiologist - Pain Management, specializing in the diagnosis, treatment, and management of patients with all different types of pain. This role combines clinical expertise, patient care, teaching, and scholarly activities. The Pain Management Anesthesiologist plays a crucial role in delivering high-quality pain management care services, contributing to the academic mission of the medical center. The primary work site for this position is the University’s affiliate hospital, Broward Health North.
The mission of the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine as a community-based medical school is to advance the health and well-being of our community by training future generations of humanistic clinicians and scientists and translating discovery to patient-centered care. We are committed to providing educational programs, in partnership with our hospital affiliates, that enable our medical students, residents, and fellows to become active, self-directed, lifelong learners; equip our graduates to effectively treat the patients that they are most likely to encounter in their practices; demonstrate a commitment to inclusiveness and diversity; produce graduates with the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and self-awareness required to practice effective, humanistic, patient-centered, evidence-based medicine in an increasingly diverse healthcare environment; emphasize the centrality of collaborative relationships in the provision of the highest quality comprehensive health care; and foster and value collaboration among medical specialties and between academic medicine and community healthcare professionals.
The Anesthesiologist - Pain Management Assistant/Associate/Full Professor will have the following specific responsibilities:
- Patient Care: Provide comprehensive, evidence-based medical care to patients in both outpatient and inpatient settings. Perform thorough evaluations, order and interpret diagnostic tests, establish diagnoses, develop individualized treatment plans, and monitor patient progress.
- Treatment Planning and Management: Develop and oversee the implementation of comprehensive treatment plans, which may include injections therapy, radiofrequency ablation and spinal cord stimulation. Monitor treatment response, manage treatment-related side effects, and adjust treatment plans as needed.
- Multidisciplinary Collaboration: Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals, including anesthetists, surgeons, oncologists, neurologists, intensivists, and supportive care providers, to ensure coordinated and personalized patient care. Participate in boards and multidisciplinary conferences to discuss treatment strategies and optimize patient outcomes.
- Clinical Research: Participate in clinical research activities, including enrollment of eligible patients in clinical trials, data collection, and dissemination of research findings. Contribute to the advancement of medical knowledge in pain management and support the development of new treatment options and protocols.
- Teaching and Mentoring: Serve as a clinical educator and mentor to medical students, residents, and fellows. Provide teaching and supervision during clinical rotations, participate in case discussions, and facilitate educational activities to enhance the learning experience of trainees.
- Patient Education and Support: Educate patients and their families about their diagnosis, treatment options, and supportive care services. Provide emotional support, address patient concerns, and promote shared decision-making throughout the treatment journey.
- Quality Improvement: Participate in quality improvement initiatives to enhance patient safety, treatment outcomes, and patient experience. Contribute to the development and implementation of evidence-based guidelines and best practices in pain medicine.
- Continuing Education: Stay abreast of the latest advancements, guidelines, and research in pain medicine through continuous professional development activities. Attend conferences, workshops, and educational events to expand knowledge and skills.
- Compliance and Documentation: Adhere to all regulatory and compliance requirements, including documentation standards, billing practices, and patient privacy guidelines. Maintain accurate and timely medical records and documentation.
- Community Engagement: Actively participate in community outreach programs, and educational campaigns. Foster positive relationships with community organizations and participate in medical society meetings and local healthcare events.
- Collaborate with practice director in new patient recruitment to ensure successful enrollment numbers are met on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Participate in patient recruitment events that are within scope of practice and skill set.
- Follow College of Medicine organizational protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Liaise with COM Marketing and COM Development (Philanthropy) to increase visibility and funding.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.Minimum Qualifications:
•M.D. or D.O. from an accredited institution and credentials that merit appointment at the rank of assistant professor or higher required.
•A Florida medical license or eligibility for Florida licensure is required.
•Board eligibility/certification in Anesthesiology is required.
•Completion of an ACGME-accredited Pain Medicine fellowship program.
•Strong clinical skills and knowledge in pain management medicine.
•Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with patients, families, colleagues, and learners.
•Commitment to providing high-quality patient care and maintaining patient safety.
•Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team and collaborate with healthcare professionals.
•Demonstrated interest in teaching, mentorship, and scholarly activities within pain medicine.
•Adherence to ethical standards and professional conduct.
•Appreciation of the role of holistic care of the patient and family is preferred.
•The ability to effectively communicate with different members of the healthcare system as well as a variety of learners from diverse backgrounds is required.
•Applicants with teaching experience with students/residents, experience with administrative organization/leadership of outpatient practices, and/or clinical research/scholarship experience will be most competitive.Salary:
Commensurate with ExperienceCollege or Department:
College of MedicineLocation:
Clinical - Off Campus Location (COM use only)Work Days and Hours:
2023-11-08Special Instructions to Applicant:
This position is open until filled and may close without prior notice.
This position is subject to funding.
All applicants must apply electronically to the currently posted position on the Office of Human Resources' job website (https://fau.edu/jobs) by completing the required employment application for this recruitment and submitting the related documents.
FAU’s Career Page permits the attachment of required/requested documentation.
PLEASE NOTE: A maximum of five (5) documents may be attached to your application. If more than five (5) documents are required for submission, please combine additional documents into a single attachment to not exceed the maximum permitted.
The site permits the attachment of required/requested documentation. When completing the online application, please upload the following: a cover letter and curriculum vitae.
The selected candidate for this position is required to submit an official transcript sent directly from the institution for the Provost’s credential file prior to the first day of employment. Similarly, for degrees from outside the United States, the evaluation by an organization belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation (NACES), with an indication of the documents the evaluation was prepared from (official transcripts, diplomas, dissertation abstracts) is required for the Provost’s credential file prior to the first day of employment. Transcripts must be issued to Florida Atlantic University, not to the individual applicant.
Successful completion of a pre-employment background check is required for the candidate selected for this position.
As a Hispanic-serving institution, Florida Atlantic University (FAU) is one of the most racially and ethnically diverse institutions in the Florida state university system. We are committed to recruiting and retaining talented and diverse faculty and staff. We embrace our shared responsibility to create and celebrate a diverse, welcoming, inclusive, and equitable campus environment for all. Our community features excellent schools, a vibrant and safe community, and a sub-tropical climate conductive to year-round outdoor activities.
Individuals requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711