Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence.
For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs.
Note: Current FAU employees must apply as an internal applicant by logging into their existing Workday employee account.Position Summary:
The FAU Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine seeks a dynamic and collaborative clinical faculty member at the rank of Assistant/Associate/Full Professor to serve as a Cardiologist, a highly skilled and specialized medical professional responsible for the diagnosis, treatment, and management of cardiovascular diseases and conditions. This position involves providing exemplary patient care, engaging in cutting-edge research, and participating in teaching and mentorship activities within an academic medical center setting. The primary work site for this position is the University’s affiliate hospital, Broward Health North.
The mission of the Schmidt College of Medicine as a community-based medical school is to advance the health and well-being of our community by training future generations of humanistic clinicians and scientists and translating discovery to patient-centered care. We are committed to providing educational programs, in partnership with our hospital affiliates, that enable our medical students and residents to become active, self-directed, life-long learners; equip our graduates to effectively treat the patients that they are most likely to encounter in their practices; produce graduates with the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and self-awareness required to practice effective, humanistic, patient-centered, evidence-based medicine; emphasize the centrality of collaborative relationships in the provision of the highest quality comprehensive health care; and foster and value collaboration among medical specialties, and between academic medicine and community health care professionals.
The Cardiologist -Assistant/Associate/Full Professor will have the following specific responsibilities:
- Patient Care: Perform comprehensive patient evaluations, including medical history review, physical examinations, and diagnostic tests, to diagnose and treat a wide range of cardiovascular conditions. Develop individualized treatment plans and provide ongoing medical management.
- Diagnostic Testing: Utilize a variety of diagnostic tools, such as echocardiography, TEE, stress testing, cardiac CT scans, and cardiac MRI, to assess cardiac function and diagnose cardiovascular diseases accurately.
- Treatment Interventions: Prescribe and manage appropriate medications, lifestyle modifications, and other non-invasive treatment interventions for cardiovascular conditions. Refer patients for specialized interventions or surgeries as necessary.
- Community Outreach: Engage in community education and outreach initiatives to promote cardiovascular health, raise awareness about risk factors, and provide guidance for preventive measures. Participate in health fairs, community seminars, and educational campaigns.
- Collaboration and Consultation: Collaborate with primary care physicians, other specialists, and healthcare professionals to ensure comprehensive and coordinated patient care. Provide consultations and second opinions for complex cases.
- Teaching and Mentorship: Contribute to the education and mentorship of medical students, residents, and fellows. Facilitate didactic lectures, case discussions, and clinical training experiences. Supervise and evaluate trainees' performance.
- Quality Improvement: Participate in quality improvement initiatives to enhance patient care, safety, and outcomes. Contribute to the development and implementation of clinical guidelines, protocols, and evidence-based practices.
- Professional Development: Stay updated with the latest advancements in cardiology through continuous education, attending conferences, workshops, and engaging in professional organizations. Maintain licensure and board certification.
- Electronic Health Records (EHR): Utilize the electronic health record system effectively to document patient encounters, review test results, and ensure accurate and timely record-keeping.
- Administrative and Leadership Responsibilities: Participate in departmental meetings, committees, and administrative duties as needed. Contribute to strategic planning, resource allocation, and program development efforts.
- Collaborate with practice director in new patient recruitment to ensure successful enrollment numbers are met on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Participate in patient recruitment events that are within scope of practice and skill set.
- Follow College of Medicine organizational protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Liaise with COM Marketing and COM Development (Philanthropy) to increase visibility and funding.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.Minimum Qualifications:
•M.D. or D.O. from an accredited institution and credentials that merit appointment at the rank of assistant professor or higher required. Fellowship training in cardiology subspecialties or commensurate experience is expected.
•A Florida medical license or eligibility for Florida licensure and Board eligibility/certification in Cardiology is required.
•Completion of an accredited Cardiology fellowship program.
•Strong commitment to patient care, research, education, and academic excellence.
•Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to effectively collaborate with interdisciplinary teams, patients, and trainees.
•Demonstrated leadership abilities and a track record of collaboration and teamwork.
•Strong ethical and professional conduct.
•Appreciation of the role of holistic care of the patient and family is preferred. The ability to effectively communicate with different members of the healthcare system as well as a variety of learners from diverse backgrounds is required.
•Applicants with teaching experience with students/residents, experience with administrative organization/leadership of outpatient practices, and/or clinical research/scholarship experience will be most competitive.Salary:
Commensurate with ExperienceCollege or Department:
College of MedicineLocation:
Clinical - Off Campus Location (COM use only)Work Days and Hours:
2024-03-18Special Instructions to Applicant:
This recruitment has been reopened; all previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply. This position is open until filled and may close without prior notice.
This position is subject to funding.
All applicants must apply electronically to the currently posted position on the Office of Human Resources' job website (https://fau.edu/jobs) by completing the required employment application for this recruitment and submitting the related documents.
FAU’s Career Page permits the attachment of required/requested documentation.
PLEASE NOTE: A maximum of five (5) documents may be attached to your application. If more than five (5) documents are required for submission, please combine additional documents into a single attachment to not exceed the maximum permitted.
The site permits the attachment of required/requested documentation. When completing the online application, please upload the following: a cover letter and curriculum vitae.
The selected candidate for this position is required to submit an official transcript sent directly from the institution for the Provost’s credential file prior to the first day of employment. Similarly, for degrees from outside the United States, the evaluation by an organization belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation (NACES), with an indication of the documents the evaluation was prepared from (official transcripts, diplomas, dissertation abstracts) is required for the Provost’s credential file prior to the first day of employment. Transcripts must be issued to Florida Atlantic University, not to the individual applicant.
Successful completion of a pre-employment background check is required for the candidate selected for this position.
As a Hispanic-serving institution, Florida Atlantic University (FAU) is one of the most racially and ethnically diverse institutions in the Florida state university system. We are committed to recruiting and retaining talented and diverse faculty and staff. We embrace our shared responsibility to create and celebrate a diverse, welcoming, inclusive, and equitable campus environment for all. Our community features excellent schools, a vibrant and safe community, and a sub-tropical climate conductive to year-round outdoor activities.
Individuals requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711