Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence.
For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs.
Note: Current FAU employees must apply as an internal applicant by logging into their existing Workday employee account.Position Summary:
The FAU Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine seeks a dynamic and collaborative clinical faculty member at the rank of Assistant/Associate/Full Professor to serve as an Internist/ Internal Medicine Physician, a crucial member of the healthcare team, responsible for providing comprehensive medical care to adult patients in both inpatient and outpatient settings. This role combines clinical expertise, patient care, teaching, and scholarly activities. The Internal Medicine Physician plays an essential role in delivering high-quality healthcare services, contributing to the academic mission of the medical center, and providing mentorship to learners. The primary work site for this position is the University’s affiliate hospital, Broward Health North.
The mission of the Schmidt College of Medicine as a community-based medical school is to advance the health and well-being of our community by training future generations of humanistic clinicians and scientists and translating discovery to patient-centered care. We are committed to providing educational programs, in partnership with our hospital affiliates, that enable our medical students and residents to become active, self-directed, life-long learners; equip our graduates to effectively treat the patients that they are most likely to encounter in their practices; produce graduates with the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and self-awareness required to practice effective, humanistic, patient-centered, evidence-based medicine; emphasize the centrality of collaborative relationships in the provision of the highest quality comprehensive health care; and foster and value collaboration among medical specialties, and between academic medicine and community health care professionals.
The Internist/ Internal Medicine Physician -Assistant/Associate/Full Professor will have the following specific responsibilities:
- Patient Care: Provide compassionate, evidence-based medical care to adult patients in both outpatient and inpatient settings. Perform thorough physical examinations, order and interpret diagnostic tests, diagnose medical conditions, develop and implement treatment plans, and monitor patient progress.
- Continuity of Care: Establish and maintain effective relationships with patients, ensuring continuity of care throughout their healthcare journey. Coordinate with other healthcare professionals, specialists, and ancillary staff to ensure comprehensive and coordinated patient management.
- Teaching and Supervision: Serve as a clinical educator and mentor to medical students, residents, and fellows. Provide teaching and supervision during clinical rotations, participate in case discussions, and facilitate educational activities to enhance the learning experience of trainees.
- Scholarly Activities: Engage in scholarly activities, including clinical research, quality improvement projects, and educational initiatives. Contribute to the advancement of medical knowledge, present research findings at conferences, and publish in peer-reviewed journals when appropriate.
- Collaboration and Multidisciplinary Care: Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals, including nurses, specialists, pharmacists, and social workers, to ensure coordinated and comprehensive patient care. Participate in interdisciplinary meetings and conferences to discuss patient management and treatment plans.
- Clinical Guidelines and Quality Improvement: Stay updated with the latest clinical guidelines and evidence-based practices in internal medicine. Participate in quality improvement initiatives, identify areas for improvement, and actively contribute to enhancing patient safety, outcomes, and satisfaction.
- Professional Development: Engage in continuous professional development activities to stay current with advances in internal medicine. Attend conferences, workshops, and educational events to expand knowledge and skills.
- Compliance and Documentation: Adhere to all regulatory and compliance requirements, including documentation standards, billing practices, and patient privacy guidelines. Maintain accurate and timely medical records and documentation.
- Community Engagement: Actively participate in community outreach programs, health education initiatives, and preventive care campaigns. Foster positive relationships with community organizations and participate in medical society meetings and local healthcare events.
- Institutional Contributions: Contribute to the academic mission of the medical center by participating in committees, departmental meetings, and institutional initiatives. Collaborate with colleagues to enhance patient care, promote professional growth, and contribute to the advancement of the institution.
- Collaborate with practice director in new patient recruitment to ensure successful enrollment numbers are met on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Participate in patient recruitment events that are within scope of practice and skill set.
- Follow College of Medicine organizational protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Liaise with COM Marketing and COM Development (Philanthropy) to increase visibility and funding.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.Minimum Qualifications:
•M.D. or D.O. from an accredited institution and credentials that merit appointment at the rank of assistant professor or higher required.
•A Florida medical license or eligibility for Florida licensure and Board eligibility/certification in Internal Medicine required.
•Completion of an accredited Internal Medicine residency program.
•Strong clinical skills and knowledge in internal medicine.
•Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with patients, families, colleagues, and learners.
•Commitment to providing high-quality patient care and maintaining patient safety.
•Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team and collaborate with healthcare professionals.
•Demonstrated interest in teaching, mentorship, and scholarly activities.
•Adherence to ethical standards and professional conduct.
•Appreciation of the role of holistic care of the patient and family is preferred. The ability to effectively communicate with different members of the healthcare system as well as a variety of learners from diverse backgrounds is required.
• Applicants with teaching experience with students/residents, experience with administrative organization/leadership of outpatient practices, and/or clinical research/scholarship experience will be most competitive.Salary:
Commensurate with ExperienceCollege or Department:
College of Medicine/Location:
Clinical - Off Campus Location (COM use only)Work Days and Hours:
2024-03-18Special Instructions to Applicant:
This recruitment has been reopened; all previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply. This position is open until filled and may close without prior notice.
This position is subject to funding.
All applicants must apply electronically to the currently posted position on the Office of Human Resources' job website (https://fau.edu/jobs) by completing the required employment application for this recruitment and submitting the related documents.
FAU’s Career Page permits the attachment of required/requested documentation.
PLEASE NOTE: A maximum of five (5) documents may be attached to your application. If more than five (5) documents are required for submission, please combine additional documents into a single attachment to not exceed the maximum permitted.
The site permits the attachment of required/requested documentation. When completing the online application, please upload the following: a cover letter and curriculum vitae.
The selected candidate for this position is required to submit an official transcript sent directly from the institution for the Provost’s credential file prior to the first day of employment. Similarly, for degrees from outside the United States, the evaluation by an organization belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation (NACES), with an indication of the documents the evaluation was prepared from (official transcripts, diplomas, dissertation abstracts) is required for the Provost’s credential file prior to the first day of employment. Transcripts must be issued to Florida Atlantic University, not to the individual applicant.
Successful completion of a pre-employment background check is required for the candidate selected for this position.
As a Hispanic-serving institution, Florida Atlantic University (FAU) is one of the most racially and ethnically diverse institutions in the Florida state university system. We are committed to recruiting and retaining talented and diverse faculty and staff. We embrace our shared responsibility to create and celebrate a diverse, welcoming, inclusive, and equitable campus environment for all. Our community features excellent schools, a vibrant and safe community, and a sub-tropical climate conductive to year-round outdoor activities.
Individuals requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711