EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, INDUSTRY ENGAGEMENT, Questrom School of Business, Feld Center for Industry Alliances Tracking Code23500123630817Job Description
Reporting to the Associate Dean for Career and Alumni Engagement, the Executive Director develops and implements a comprehensive strategy for industry engagement at the Questrom School of Business. In this capacity, the Director supports one of Questroms six core strategic priorities advancing the career outcomes of our studentswith a focal goal to continually increase the number of quality job and internship opportunities for all Questrom undergraduate and graduate student populations. This role also builds and strengthens opportunities for industry engagement, partnerships, and collaborations, another of the six strategic priorities at the School, and does so by sourcing classroom speakers, action learning projects, advisory council members, and prospects for philanthropic support, in addition to career and internship opportunities. The Executive Director is responsible for managing a team of industry relations professionals to support a robust and high-quality on-campus recruiting program, and to ensure maintenance and development of productive relationships between employer partners and the School. The Executive Director is expected to formulate and execute strategies to expand the partner portfolio and better market the Schools graduates, targeting employer partners with which the School either has or aspires to have a strong recruiting relationship. The Executive Director owns a portfolio of strategic industry relationships and is responsible for strengthening these relationships. The Executive Director works collaboratively Questrom Alumni Relations leadership, Career Advising leadership, faculty leadership, and other Questrom departments to develop and coordinate outreach and engagement efforts. They ensure appropriate collaboration with the Boston University Corporate Relations and Development & Alumni Relations units to minimize potential conflicting efforts with industry partners.
A cover letter is required for consideration.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's Degree preferred.
- This position requires significant relationship management experience with a minimum of seven years of proven experience in sales or client/account management.
- Strong candidates will present related experience in strategy development and implementation, managing and motivating professional employees, and coordinating resources in matrixed organizations.
- Evidence of strong skills including oral and written communication, project management, collaboration, team building, self-motivation.
- Candidates share community values including putting students first, embracing diversity, respecting everyone, and striving for excellence.
- Moderate travel, evening and weekend work required.
- Remote work up to two days per week is offered throughout the calendar year.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job LocationBOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular