Job no: 493293
Work type: Administrative (Full Time)
Location: Marion, IN
Job Title: Staff Accountant
Reporting Relationship: Assistant Controller
Unit: Central Administration
Department: Business Affairs-Central Administration
Campus Location: Maxwell CenterSummary of Position:
The position of Staff Accountant is to provide accounting support for the financial accounting function of the Controller’s Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the preparation of spreadsheets for financial statements
- Assist with maintaining the chart of accounts
- Enter university journal entries
- Prepare sales tax payment reports
- Reconcile all subsidiary accounts, investment accounts, bank accounts, and various general ledger accounts and transactions
- Assist with maintaining GL account access and security access
- Audit check runs
- Document imaging of Controller's Office documents
- Serve as back up for treasury management functions, unclaimed property, endowment accounting, fixed assets, etc.
- Serve as a backup in other financial offices as needed
- Assist with the financial posting process
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: According to Indiana Wesleyan University employment policy all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or related discipline preferred
- Bookkeeping or accounting experience preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong team building and management skills
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
IWU commits to create a community that reflects kingdom diversity. We will foster an intentional environment that exhibits honor, respect, and dignity. Acknowledging visible or invisible differences, our community authentically values each member’s earthly and eternal worth. We refute ignorance and isolation and embrace deliberate and courageous engagement.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
As a religious educational institution operating under the auspices of The Wesleyan Church, Indiana Wesleyan University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (42 U.S.C., Sections 2000e-1 and 2000e-2).
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Advertised: 17 Aug 2023 US Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 17 Dec 2023 US Eastern Standard Time