Application DeveloperRequisition Number:
Success starts at Community College of Philadelphia. Innovators and difference makers work at Community College of Philadelphia. Diversity thrives at Community College of Philadelphia. We are a college that is committed to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff. We challenge each other and ourselves to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College and the betterment of Philadelphia. We value and support an intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us and become a part of a community that has long been and will continue to be generators of generational chance in this city and beyond. Specific Responsibilities:
The Application Developer develops, maintains, and provides support for a full suite of ERP solutions, including but not limited to the creation and maintenance of forms, packages, web applications, web services, and reports. This position is a great opportunity for a candidate seeking work in higher education, having the ability to make an impact on Philadelphia Community students, faculty and staff through application development and maintenance. CCP has a passion for hiring a diverse community to serve our diverse student population. We value your differences and embrace your individuality.
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions. To help address broad economic, cultural and political concerns in the city and beyond, the College draws together students from a wide range of ages and backgrounds and seeks to provide the programs and support they need to achieve their goals.
• Design, coding, and testing of new applications.Minimum Qualifications:
• Define and document technical requirements for new applications.
• Train users in the correct operation of new and existing applications.
• Develop and maintain all ERP solutions including forms and reports.
• Complete requests assigned through a central ticketing system.
• Write custom programs for ERP solutions for users to run, create, insert or update specific records.
• Troubleshoot and maintain existing applications (PL/SQL, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, Page Builder, Oracle Apex, etc.) including enhancements and bug fixes.
• Develop and document interfaces for data conversion.
• Develop and document reporting needs for end-users via various reporting tools.
• Follow and enforce departmental procedures and best software development practices.
• Control program and system specifications for online College information system to ensure continuity, consistency with other systems, and efficiency of operation.
• Control source code and map libraries to ensure completeness and accuracy.
• Monitor programming of procedures and modification of procedures to ensure adherence to specifications.
• Test all new procedures and changes to procedures ensuring file integrity and validation of procedure before turnover to user department.
• Represent the ITS department in special activities requiring technical support, as needed.
• Deliver quality customer services to both internal and external constituents in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.Preferred Qualifications:
• Four (4) to five (5) years of full-time programming experience which must include experience with relational databases (i.e. Oracle) and application development in SQL.
• Four (4) to five (5) years experience in the following technical skills: PL/SQL (expertise required), SQL, Relational database, and Oracle DB required.
• Technical skills and software familiarity with Ellucian suite of products (Banner), SFTP, Unix utilities.
• Results oriented with a high attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task and communicate effectively.
• Ability to analyze, design, test, implement and document complex solutions for assigned clients and/or systems.
• Ability to troubleshoot,debug and report using relevant programming languages and tools.
• Ability to carry out assigned responsibilities with minimal supervision.
• Ability to serve as the primary support on assigned multiple applications.
• Ability to efficiently and professionally communicate with client personnel and co-workers.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds.
• Experience in report development using reporting tools such as; SQR, Oracle Reports, PL/SQL reporting, Argos, and Tableau is desired.
“Success Starts Here” is our message to the Philadelphia community – and at Community College of Philadelphia, we recognize that our success as a college and the success of our students starts with our employees. Our employees are vital to our success. Our total compensation package includes a comprehensive offer of benefits that are unrivaled by most.
Our benefits include:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employees and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months (off on Fridays)
- Most employees work from home one day each week
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
THIS POSITION IS ELIGIBLE FOR PARTIAL REMOTE WORK
- Interested persons should complete an online application.
- Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
- Name and contact information for three (3) references REQUIRED.
- Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer.
The Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Salary Grade or Rank:
3/4Job Posting Open Date:
12/16/2021Type of Position:
AdministratorEmployment Status :