For more than 80 years, Kaplan has been a trailblazer in education and professional advancement. We are a global company at the intersection of education and technology, focused on collaboration, innovation, and creativity to deliver a best-in-class educational experience and make Kaplan a great place to work.
The future of education is here and we are eager to work alongside those who want to make a positive impact and inspire change in the world around them.
Deans are members of leadership for the Academic Affairs division of the College for Financial Planning. They have a shared responsibility for promoting and achieving the goals set out in Academic Affairs’ Strategic Plan.
The role of the Dean of Faculty and Academic Resources is to provide academic leadership to faculty and staff, maintain a high quality faculty, encourage excellence in teaching and learning, promote the development of faculty and staff, and manage the smooth execution and provision of academic resources in concert with Kaplan’s Shared Services teams.
Oversee the operations and execution of the College’s Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL), including the following:
Faculty Development Programming
- Organize services and resources related to teaching enhancement for all faculty so that these resources are available and accessible.
Design, facilitate, and evaluate pedagogically-oriented workshops that model effective and inclusive practices in teaching in higher education.
- Create and implement a continuous professional development model for faculty as learners.
Provide one-on-one teaching consultations and observations (classroom and online) focusing on continual growth in individual teaching practice.
Provide mentorship and support aimed at continuous improvement for faculty as teachers.
Coordinate and enhance existing programs currently in practice at the College, including trainings, workshops, among others.
Expand existing teaching enhancement opportunities with an eye toward engaging all faculty.
Administration and Leadership:
- Serve as a member of the Provost Leadership Team, which oversees Academic Affairs.
- Assist the provost with logistical planning and execution of communication and events within Academic Affairs
- Supervise the Academic Affairs Coordinator and potentially future staffing additions.
- Provide excellent fiscal stewardship and manage the CETL and part time faculty budgets.
- Act as an advocate for teaching and learning, articulating its importance for the success of our College community.
- Provide leadership that ensures issues of equity in teaching and learning are central to the vision, mission, and work of the CETL.
- Engage with College leaders in strategic planning for faculty development as it relates to academic improvement and student success.
- Evaluate the efficacy of CETL programs in consultation with the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness.
- Develop innovative projects that enhance teaching practices to positively impact student success.
- Promote, support and track the use of professional development funds used by staff and faculty in Academic Affairs.
- Report on annual CETL programs, activities, effectiveness, challenges, and opportunities for growth.
- Support chairs and deans in recruiting and hiring qualified faculty and academic facilitators for the College of Financial Planning programs in accordance with College policy and HLC standards.
- Facilitate the promotion of full and part time faculty and academic facilitators.
- Maintain faculty records
- Maintain, update and propose academic policies, procedures and associated documentation in Academic Affairs.
- Ensure efficient and effective deployment of academic resources.
- Liaise with faculty program leaders, enrollment and student support, the production team, sales and client engagement teams to ensure successful program and course provision and execution.
- Participate in professional development to include programming related to future market and educational trends in higher education, leadership programs and other programs to expand knowledge base.
- Serve fully on unit or College teams, committees, task forces, etc. as requested.
- Complete other duties as assigned
Faculty Outreach and Community Building
- Develop strong rapport and working relationships with a diverse range of educators, influencing a culture of care and shared investment in the teaching work of the institution.
- Provide outreach to all campus faculty about opportunities and support available.
- Collaborate with key internal partners to leverage the important interconnection between teaching and learning.
- In collaboration with other institutional partners, contribute to the New Faculty Orientation.
- Design and oversee maintenance of a CETL website that contains accurate, updated, and timely information about CETL activities and resources.
- Connect CFFP with regional, national, and international organizations and initiatives on teaching and learning.
- Master’s degree or higher
- 5+ years in a leadership role in higher education
- Leadership experience
- Management experience
- Familiarity with higher education processes and trends
- Faculty and Staff training experience
- Creating and leading faculty and staff professional development programming
- Teaching in a higher education setting
- Curriculum development
- Budget management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- High level of discretion
- Familiarity with typical SIS, LMS systems
- Knowledge of HLC assumed practices and accreditation criteria
- Google Suite
- Adobe Pro