The Data Manager supports the administration, maintenance, and data integrity of the Office of Admissions databases, including PeopleSoft and CRM (Slate), and diverse aspects of the application process. Works collaboratively with the Data Management Team to handle all incoming data requests/recurring reporting needs and conduct data analysis as needed to support Admissions initiatives. The Data Manager is a key player in creating and developing data delivery internally to Admissions and other Fuqua departments, as well as externally for ranking surveys, and must be able to function as a backup for all duties assigned to the Data Management team—reports to the Associate Director of Data Analytics.
• Prepares data metrics for in-depth analysis of current Admissions data and supports the Associate Director of Data Analytics in making recommendations to senior leadership.
• Owner of recurring reporting needs and manager of the associated calendars.
• Primary liaison to external departments who request Admissions data (i.e., rankings, surveys, etc.).
• Provide analytical insights on generated data by recommending and performing data analysis.
• Contributor to Slate enhancements and assists in extensive testing/training of Slate after updates/changes. Also a contributor to Slate training, troubleshooting, and support.
• Develop and implement reporting processes in support of program activities. Provide adequate data reference, documentation of procedures and processes, and evaluation of program results.
• Creates and manages Slate queries and reports, including user permissions.
• Contribute to the management of Slate data integrity in both PeopleSoft and Slate database across the life cycle of a Candidate, including handling duplicate records, unsubscribe requests, and any other data cleanup needed.
• Assists with creating, managing, and documentation of processes, interfaces, and reports in PeopleSoft and Slate.
• Acts as liaison for FERPA-related inquiries and training.
• Act as a backup for reconciling submitted applications in Slate.
• Act as a backup for loading all lists used by Admissions Office – GMAT, GMASS/GRE/EA, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
• Undergraduate degree preferred.
• Two or more years of work experience, preferably in a data analysis and/or admissions role.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment with the ability to work independently.
• Must be very comfortable in a highly computerized environment, including database management.
• Excel experience is required, and Tableau experience is highly desirable.
• CRM experience (preferably Slate and PeopleSoft) is highly valued.
• Requires exceptional attention to detail.
• Strong written communication, interpersonal and team skills are essential.