Principal Post Award Professional / Payroll Administrator - 30888 University Staff Description University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Department: Pharmacology Job Title: Principal Post Award Professional / Payroll Administrator Position: #00813929 – Requisition: #30888 Job Summary:
The University of Colorado, the Department of Pharmacology is seeking applications for a Research Services Principal Professional. This full-time position will serve as the post-award and payroll administrator for the Department. The Principal Professional is responsible for post-award sponsored project management on Department grants, contracts, and subcontracts for faculty, post-docs, and students. This position also completes all payroll-related duties for non-faculty members in the Department.
The Research Services Principal Professional will provide technical and financial expertise to the Principal Investigators (PIs) and their designees, as well as produce monthly, reconciled financial reports. This position will work closely with the Department Pre-Award Administrator, PIs, research staff, and the Office of Grants and Contracts to ensure the accuracy of grants, contracts, subcontracts, and their billing and financial elements. Key Responsibilities:
- Manage over $17M/year in post-award activity. Review grant notices and sponsor agencies' policies to ascertain policies, budget, and deadlines applicable to the grant. Process Payroll Expense transfers (PETs), journal entries, and re-budget requests as needed. Ensure all effort is recorded appropriately.
- Provide a monthly financial summary to the principal investigators (PIs) including budget projections, funding of personnel, and all other relevant information. Meet with PIs regularly to review their financial summaries.
- Maintain subrecipient monitoring spreadsheet and a database of all current grants, tracking current and past grants, and closeouts using Smartsheet or OnBase.
- Serve as approving official for expenditures on sponsored projects, including all Procurement card purchases, CU Marketplace orders, and Concur travel reports.
- Process monthly payroll, funding, FTE changes, salary changes, promotions, terminations, and leave for approximately 107 non-tenure-track faculty. Verify payroll register is correct each month.
- Complete tuition remission for Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters. Transfer graduate students into Pharmacology Faculty labs; and update graduate student job codes and pay groups as needed.
Hybrid – this role is eligible for a hybrid schedule of 3 days per week on campus and as needed for in-person meetings. Why Join Us:
Located just outside of the beautiful city of Denver, Colorado, and near the Rocky Mountains, the Department of Pharmacology is actively engaged in uncovering fundamental mechanisms of biological systems, so that they can be targeted and manipulated in a therapeutic context to treat or prevent disease.
We are looking for candidates with interest in continued learning and innovation in sponsored project accounting and payroll organization through the usage of campus systems such as Smartsheet, A2E, OnBase, and Power BI.
The University of Colorado offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition benefits, ECO pass, paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays and more. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits-wellness
. Diversity and Equity:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Preferred Qualifications:
- A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, public health, public administration, social/behavioral sciences, physical sciences, nursing, healthcare, business administration, business, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- Three (3) years of professional grant or contract experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with CU Data, A2E, HCM and CU Marketplace.
- Experience working in an academic environment or medical center.
- Experience with PeopleSoft (HRMS &/or Finance).
- Grant and/or contract experience both pre and post.
- Research administration experience.
How to Apply:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrate commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Demonstrate ability to use spreadsheets, word processing, email, and calendar software.
- Willingness to be adaptable and grow to improve efficiency of position.
For full consideration, please submit the following document(s):
- A letter of interest describing relevant job experiences as they relate to listed job qualifications and interest in the position.
- Curriculum vitae / Resume
- Three to five professional references, including name, address, phone number (mobile number if appropriate), and email address.
Questions should be directed to: Jennifer Orsund, firstname.lastname@example.org Screening of Applications Begins: APPLICATION DEADLINE
: September 15th, 2023 Anticipated Pay Range:
The starting salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established as:
$65,037 - $82,727.
The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. This position may be eligible for overtime compensation, depending on the level.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125 ADA Statement:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at email@example.com
​. Background Check Statement:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Vaccination Statement:
CU Anschutz strongly encourages vaccination against the COVID-19 virus and other vaccine preventable diseases
. If you work, visit, or volunteer in healthcare facilities or clinics operated by our affiliated hospital or clinical partners or by CU Anschutz, you will be required to comply with the vaccination and medical surveillance policies of the facilities or clinics where you work, visit, or volunteer, respectively. In addition, if you work in certain research areas or perform certain safety sensitive job duties, you must enroll in the occupational health medical surveillance program
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Job Category
: Research Services Primary Location
: Aurora Department: U0001 -- DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS - 20120 - SOM-PHARM GENERAL OPERATIONS Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: Sep 25, 2023 Unposting Date
: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: Jennifer Orsund Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00813929
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency