Post-doctoral Fellow, School of Medicine, Surgery Tracking Code23599932210811Job Description
Boston University School of Medicine, Department of Surgery has an opening for a Post-doctoral fellow to join the Laboratory of Daniel Roh, MD/PhD, a plastic surgeon-scientist.
Dr. Roh’s laboratory is actively funded by the NIH/NIA and uses a combination of cell culture and in vivo animal models to investigate the mechanisms of aging and senescence and their impact on tissue repair and wound healing.
The successful applicant will support ongoing projects to uncover fundamental mechanisms of cellular senescence in wound healing and tissue repair. Opportunities for translational research will be available as the lab is run by a surgeon-scientist with an active surgical practice including aged and wound patients.
Funding for the position is available for multiple years. However, please note that postdocs will be encouraged to apply for individual research fellowships and grants.
- PhD in biology or related field
- Proficiency with mouse handling and care
- Experience with molecular biology techniques (RNA and protein extraction from cells and tissues, qRT-PCR, Westerns)
- Experience with histology
- Strong work ethic, interpersonal skills, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with teams on studies
- Work with staff scientists, graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows on various research projects
Candidates who also have one or more of the following will be preferred:
- Experience with wound healing research, animal work
- Experience with aging and senescence research
- Experience with single-cell, spatial transcriptomics experiments
- Experience with computational biology
Requirements for application:
Applicants need to be available for an in-person or virtual interview.
In addition, three documents 1) a CV, 2) a short statement outlining the interest in this position and future career goals, and 3) contact information for at least three references should be forwarded to Dr. Daniel Roh, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do not apply through the BU Careers Website. Please follow the application instructions above.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job LocationBoston, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular