: Part Time Non-Benefited PositionsSubscribe:
: College Events & Cultural PlanningLocations:
: Boston, MAPosted:
: Aug 10, 2023Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Part-time TemporaryPosition ID:
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Bunker Hill is also a Hispanic Service Institution, defined as an institution that has an enrollment of undergrad full-time equivalent students that is at least 25 percent Hispanic students. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
Living in Boston
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America. Twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offer more than 600,000 residents the opportunity to taste, touch, and experience things from all over the world. Neighbors benefit from exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, and a solid network of parks, community centers, and libraries. For more information about Boston go to: http://www.cityofboston.gov/residents.
The Events Office Administration I position primarily supports accounts payable functions and provides administrative support as needed across the College Events and Cultural Planning division, inclusive of the following areas: College events, Mary L. Fifield Art Gallery, museum memberships, and all cultural programming. This position will perform accounting duties, prepare and submit financial reports and invoices, monitor accounts receivable, process payments, and deliver training to others. They will collaborate with campus representatives to monitor, interpret, analyze, and reconcile contractor invoices for sponsored programs. This position, alongside the CECP Senior Director and Manager, interacts directly with project sponsors and subrecipients related to financial reporting, invoicing, payments, and auditing on behalf of the university to ensure compliance. Daily use of multiple CRM platforms and technology is required.
- Review and approve documentation submitted through the BHCC online procurement system including; invoices against purchase orders, contracts and payment requests
- Ensure that all information is accurate and complete as it relates to all division invoices and payments
- Ensure that the payments are appropriate in accordance with contract agreements and state requirements.
- Process Payroll Action Forms and work with payroll department to ensure accuracy of payments
- Review and resolve items as they arise while providing customer support when necessary
- Work with vendors to reconcile outstanding invoice statements and facilitate payments.
- Monitor and resolve issues submitted through the departmental email tracking systems
- Provide support to the departments Business Analyst/Programmer with duties when needed. Duties include, but not limited to: Act as a secondary contact person with vendors
Salary: $25.00/hr. @ 18.50/hrs.week (no benefits)
Review Date: open until filled
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE