Job no: 493265
Work type: Administrative (Full Time)
Location: Cincinnati, OH, Cleveland, OH, Dayton, OH, Florence, KY, Fort Wayne, IN, Greenwood, IN, Indianapolis, IN, Kokomo, IN, Louisville, KY, Marion, IN, Merrillville, IN, Other
Job Title: Director of Professional Coaching Ventures
Reporting Relationship: Vice President for Learner Success & Regional Ventures
Unit: National & Global
Department: N&G Regional Education
Campus Location: This position is hybrid based out of any IWU regional center in Indiana, Ohio, or Kentucky (Merrillville, Ft. Wayne, Marion, Indianapolis, Kokomo, IN; Cincinnati, Cleveland, Dayton, OH; Florence, Louisville, KY)Summary of Position:
The Director of Professional Coaching Ventures creates successful new businesses and initiatives that align with IWU's strategic emphasis on life coaching and professional coaching services. This is a unique role that takes creativity and perseverance, with the opportunity to build new and dynamic initiatives in higher education.
This leader will establish new programming, encourage growth in student enrollment, and build a robust business models, specifically focused on providing coaching services to individuals and businesses, offering coaching learning and training, and integrating coaching into IWU academic programs.
This role will take existing ideas that have been scoped around the delivery of coaching to businesses and individuals inside and outside of IWU and focus on delivering results with excellence. This will include cultivating partnerships, recruit a network of coaches, creating business models, and expanding the reach of each initiative. The successful candidate will be excited by the chance to implement new ideas with excellence, adapt to new information and change directions when needed, and focus on delivering tangible, sustainable results.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Through collaboration and prioritization with the Vice President and Chancellor, create successful new businesses and initiatives that align with IWU's strategic emphasis on life coaching and professional coaching services
- Create sustainable business initiatives to provide coaching services to individuals and businesses, offer coaching learning and training, and integrate coaching into IWU academic programs
- Cultivate strategic partnerships to build venture clients
- Recruit and support a network of coaches to provide coaching services
- Provide project leadership and agile team management for new coaching initiatives, ensuring significant regular progress, measuring success, and communicating updates to the Vice President and Regional Ventures leadership team
- Coordinate across departments to launch new ventures and drive enrollment through programs and partnerships
- Collaborate, create, and execute novel ideas quickly and at a high level of excellence
- Serve as a convener of events and opportunities in the region, cultivating an environment where IWU's centers become learning hubs for their regions
- Support research and development grants for funding regional initiatives. Where applicable, build relationships with foundations and granting agencies
- Manage the coaching venture operating budget. Set venture income target goals annually and track progress toward those goals
- Execute need-assessments and data analysis for the continuous improvement of on-going regional efforts
- If based outside of Indianapolis, travel to Indianapolis monthly for ventures collaboration meetings
- Demonstrate a Christian worldview and upholds the University's Christ-centered mission in interactions with students, faculty, and staff
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications: According to Indiana Wesleyan University employment policy all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- Experience executing complex programs with multiple constituents
- Experience launching new initiatives with tangible, sustainable results strongly preferred
- Experience managing projects or developing new initiatives
- Experience in building partnerships and working with a diverse range of people
- Record of strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with life coaching or professional coaching preferred
- Ability to work under strict deadlines with a high degree of urgency and accuracy
- Ability to lead a team of faculty, staff, and community partners
- Excellent organizational and planning skills. Strong ability to prioritize tasks, work autonomously, and produce results quickly
- Capacity to handle multiple tasks at one time and to execute ambiguous assignments
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills used to create an effective team and build partnerships
- Strong writing ability including grant and report writing
- Comfort with technology, including Microsoft Suite, and the ability to learn new platforms quickly (such as Smartsheet, Salesforce, and other CRM and project management tools)
- Willing to travel to other IWU regional sites in Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky for project-based implementation, partner development, and training. Travel would be seasonal and limited
- Fast learner and curious
IWU commits to create a community that reflects kingdom diversity. We will foster an intentional environment that exhibits honor, respect, and dignity. Acknowledging visible or invisible differences, our community authentically values each member’s earthly and eternal worth. We refute ignorance and isolation and embrace deliberate and courageous engagement.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
As a religious educational institution operating under the auspices of The Wesleyan Church, Indiana Wesleyan University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (42 U.S.C., Sections 2000e-1 and 2000e-2).
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Advertised: 10 Aug 2023 US Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 20 Oct 2023 US Eastern Daylight Time