Administrator, Financial Aid SystemsRequisition Number:
The Administrator, Financial Aid Systems is responsible for the day to day support of office operations related to the administration of various financial aid programs and supports both the Manager of Financial Aid Services and Outreach, and Manager of Financial Aid Operations. In addition, this position coordinates the intake process for students who need financial aid counseling, provides expertise while assisting front counter staff in responding to students with questions related to financial aid, collaborates with the Student Tuition Assistance Office and various other offices to research and resolve financial aid payment problems, bookstore credits, holds and other matters affecting student aid. The Administrator, Financial Aid Systems counsels’ students and parents on financial aid, and reviews, verifies and awards financial aid packages.Specific Responsibilities:
Success starts at Community College of Philadelphia. Innovators and difference makers work at Community College of Philadelphia. Diversity thrives at Community College of Philadelphia. We are a college that is committed to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff. We challenge each other and ourselves to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College and the betterment of Philadelphia. We value and support an intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us and become a part of a community that has long been and will continue to be generators of generational chance in this city and beyond.
- Prepares required reports for the Office of Financial Aid, runs lists and labels on various cohorts of applicants, reviews and verifies financial aid applications, and award financial aid funds.
- Functions as a “power user” for the Banner Financial Aid module; works collaboratively with the Systems Analyst to create/update office reporting and internal auditing needs; serves as a point of contact for troubleshooting operational issues reported by the Financial Aid staff and reviews and reconciles data exception reports.
- Tracks documentation received by students; maintains and updates the document imaging in BDMS and Dynamic Forms; assists with the technical and functional support of daily request processing using the document imaging and workflow systems; tracks, creates and merges files as appropriate.
- Responsible for creating, updating, and managing the Office of Financial Aid electronic forms, automated electronic communications, and the Office of Financial Aid website content.
- Assists the Manager, Financial Aid Services and Outreach with all electronic student-centered communications via email and text messaging (Mongoose/Cadence).
- Serves as the Office point of contact for oversight of the customer service appointment systems (QLess).
- Oversees the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) function including the timely processing of SAP Appeals, completion of Banner job processes, maintaining compliance, and written communications to students related to aid eligibility for the next semester.
- Collaborates with the Counseling Department regarding academic plans for student success; assists the Appeals Committee with reviewing student appeals for financial aid consideration.
- Responsible for the administrative oversight of reviewing and evaluating academic transcripts for Unusual Enrollment History (UEH) reviews to determine financial aid eligibility.
- Counsels and communicates with prospective and continuing students, parents and families regarding the financial aid application process and eligibility for Federal and State aid; and assists them with the on-line process of completing a FAFSA application.
- Updates student financial aid awards in Banner, adds loans to student aid packages; and corresponds with the Coordinator, Student Loan Program, to ensure the student is receiving the appropriate amount requested.
- Completes Federal Verification processes to verify the information submitted in the Institutional Student Information Report (ISIR), is accurate and consistent with the student’s or parent’s Federal Tax Return.
- Collaborates with outside offices, researches and resolves financial aid payment problems, to include those identified by Student Tuition Services office and the Office of Student Records and Registration.
- Works with advisors and counselors to make recommendations to students who were dropped for unsatisfactory academic progress; correspond with Records and Registration to resolve enrollment status issues; and ensure that the student has completed required testing.
- Conducts workshops and presentations for new and continuing students, to include on-line filing events. Adheres to FERPA regulations as they pertain to maintaining the security and confidentiality of all student records, as well as maintain the confidentiality of other documents on behalf of the work area and the College.
- Performs assigned duties in a manner consistent with the mission, goals and core values of the College, and participates in professional development activities as required.
- Maintains sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Delivers quality customer services to both internal and external constituents in a professional helpful and courteous manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required.
- Two (2) years of full-time work experience in financial aid required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal required.
- Knowledge of financial aid regulations required.
- Experience working with people from culturally diverse and economic backgrounds required.
- Ability to use independent judgment in making administrative/procedural decisions required.
- Ability to work independently or as a team member required.
- Ability to provide quality customer service required.
- Must be able to foster a positive and productive work environment, with ability to help lead and motivate staff, and model exceptional service to internal and external customers
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous priorities and meet deadlines required
- Experience using MS Word and Excel, and Internet applications required.
- Experience working with Ellucian integrated third party communication and processing programs relating to student outreach and system processing (i.e.: phone/email automated outreach software and student appointment customers service products.) preferred.
- Experience interpreting a bargaining agreement and applying guidance in a collective bargaining environment is preferred.
“Success Starts Here” is our message to the Philadelphia community – and at Community College of Philadelphia, we recognize that our success as a college and the success of our students starts with our employees. Our employees are vital to our success. Our total compensation package includes a comprehensive offer of benefits that are unrivaled by most.
Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employees and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months (off on Fridays)
- Most employees work from home one day each week
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
- This position is eligible for partial remote work
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions. To help address broad economic, cultural and political concerns in the city and beyond, the College draws together students from a wide range of ages and backgrounds and seeks to provide the programs and support they need to achieve their goals. Special Instructions to Applicants:
Interested persons should complete an online application.Salary Grade or Rank:
• Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
• Name and contact information for three (3) references REQUIRED.
• Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
• Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
$47,389-$78,192.00Job Posting Open Date:
07/20/2023Type of Position:
AdministratorEmployment Status :