The successful candidate will be expected to teach biology courses to support the biology degree program curriculum requirements. The successful candidate should have knowledge of and experience in their selected teaching discipline, as well as experience with and the ability to use instructional technologies to support classroom activities. Additionally, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to create a positive learning environment that will support student success.
Essential Job Functions
- Teaching assignments would include lecture and/or laboratory instruction in courses for the Department
- A commitment to undergraduate teaching
- The ability to use instructional technology is a benefit. Experience with online learning management systems (Canvas, Blackboard, etc.)
- Prepares and delivers relevant course content using a variety of teaching methods and assessments that support student learning
- Ensures that students achieve and demonstrate mastery of stated learning objectives
- Teaches assigned course(s) by delivering appropriate course content to students, preparing course materials and lesson plans, and addressing students’ questions and/or concerns
- Maintains accurate records of student attendance, academic achievement and performance in accordance with university policies and procedures
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Candidates must possess a Master’s degree or higher with at least 18 graduate credit hours in Biology or a related field. Preference will be given to candidates that have prior experience working with college-level students and students from diverse backgrounds.
Finalists for this position are subject to a background check. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check. Files to be submitted are 1) Letter of Application; 2) Curriculum Vitae; 3) Statement of Teaching Philosophy; 4) Unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended (official transcripts will be required of al/finalists); 5) Official JCSU Application. Three signed Letters of Recommendation on letterhead from individuals familiar with the candidate's teaching abilities are also required and should be scanned directly firstname.lastname@example.org by the person making the recommendation.