Head Men’s and Women’s Track and Field CoachPosting Number:
starting at $53,400Position Type:
AdministrationKey Responsibilities :
Juniata College invites applications for a full-time, twelve-month position of Head Men’s and Women’s Track and Field Coach. Juniata is a co-educational, liberal arts college, highly regarded for its academic excellence. Responsibilities include but are not limited to; the organization and administration of a successful NCAA Division III track and field program. Position Qualifications:
Juniata is a founding member of the highly regarded Landmark Conference, which is committed to conducting intercollegiate athletics programs in a way that recognizes, as paramount, the centrality of the academic mission at each member institution.
Key ResponsibilitiesThe Head Men’s and Women’s Track and Field Coach is responsible for all aspects of the Men’s and Women’s Track and Field programs at Juniata, including but not limited to:
• Provide vision and build a positive team culture committed to the welfare of our student-athletes, a positive representation of the college, academic excellence, citizenship and competitive success.
• Practice organizations, planning, scheduling, preparation and execution.
• Scheduling of practices, meets, organizing and running all home and Conference meets (when applicable).
• Recruit and retain qualified student-athletes to both the men’s and women’s programs.
• Hire, train and oversee all assistant coaches for event groups including collaborationg with Head Men’s and Women’s Cross Country Coach for distance athletes.
• Develop and meet recruitment/roster goals in consultation with the Director of Athletics.
• Provide support, oversight and assistance to student-athletes with regards to academic performance, planning and success.
• Effectively manage all aspects of the program’s budget including the purchase of all athletic gear and supplies and the management of the program’s travel and recruiting budgets.
• Ensure adherence to the rules, regulations and policies of all governing bodies- Juniata College Athletics, Juniata College, Landmark Conference and NCAA Division III
• Participate in overall administration of the Athletics Department by representing the office as requested and cooperatively assisting colleagues. This includes attending all mandatory department activities and functions, membership on department and campus committees, and participation upon request in enrollment, fundraising and/or promotional events.
• Serve as the distance coach for the Track and Field program.
Juniata College is committed to cultivating an equity-minded and equity-engaged campus culture, one that is inclusive and supportive of its students, faculty, and staff. We believe that all members of the College community share the responsibility to engage, sustain, and leverage an interconnected learning environment in which difference is valued, equity is sought, and a sense of belonging is explicit. Juniata’s strategic mission promotes diversity in every expression, and amplifies the College’s commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion and access. We aim to evolve into a more global, equitable and ethical community, where all Juniatians live a life of inclusive belonging needed for becoming leaders who value and embrace human interconnectedness and dignity. Juniata invites and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree preferred. Valid driver’s license required, clear of major violations. The ideal candidate will have previous coaching and/or competitive track and field experience at the collegiate level, as well as an understanding of the Division III philosophy and its role at a private liberal arts institution. Supervision Required/Given:
Candidates must possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills, communicate effectively, and demonstrate a willingness to work in a team-oriented environment that values community.
Receives direct supervision from the Director of Athletics.Open Date:
07/11/2023Open Until Filled: