Assistant Softball CoachPosting Number:
AdministrationKey Responsibilities :
Juniata College, an NCAA Division III Institution, invites applications for a 12-month, intern level, Assistant Softball Coach. Juniata is a co-educational, liberal arts college and highly regarded for its academic excellence. This position includes a monthly stipend, room, board and full benefits.Position Qualifications:
Assist the Head Softball Coach with all facets of the program, including but not limited to: recruiting, athlete and team development, practice planning, academic monitoring, team travel and game management.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist Head Coach with all aspects of running the softball program, including but not limited to: practice and game preparation and organization, off-season program evaluations, in-game strategies, adjustments, and decision making, on-field and in-practice teaching, coaching, demonstration and conducting individual workouts and skill development sessions.
• Ensure adherence to the rules, regulations and policies of all governing bodies including Juniata College, Athletic Department, Landmark Conference and the NCAA
• Participate in overall administration of the Athletic Department by representing the office as requested and cooperatively assisting colleagues. This includes attending all mandatory department activities and functions, membership on department and campus committees and participation upon request in enrollment, fundraising and/or promotional events.
• Serve a secondary responsibility, as assigned by the Director of Athletics
Juniata College is committed to cultivating an equity-minded and equity-engaged campus culture, one that is inclusive and supportive of its students, faculty, and staff. We believe that all members of the College community share the responsibility to engage, sustain, and leverage an interconnected learning environment in which difference is valued, equity is sought, and a sense of belonging is explicit. Juniata’s strategic mission promotes diversity in every expression, and amplifies the College’s commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion and access. We aim to evolve into a more global, equitable and ethical community, where all Juniatians live a life of inclusive belonging needed for becoming leaders who value and embrace human interconnectedness and dignity. Juniata invites and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and perspectives.AA/EOE
• Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Supervision Required/Given:
• Knowledge and understanding of NCAA rules, regulations and the Division III philosophy.
• 2-3 years collegiate coaching or playing experience is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to recruit qualified student-athletes.
• Valid driver’s license required, clear of major violations.
Receive direct supervision from the Head Softball Coach. Works collaboratively with other individuals and groups across campus and within the Athletic Department.Physical Demands:
• Ability to demonstrate, assist with, conduct sport specific drills and fundamentals.Special Instructions to Applicants:
• Set up and tear down of sport specific equipment and apparatus, as necessary.
It is Juniata College’s policy to conduct background checks. Valid driver’s license required, clear of major violations. Juniata College reserves the right to review driving records to determine suitability for position.Open Date:
08/04/2023Open Until Filled: