Job Location: Indiana Air National Guard (Terre Haute, IN) - Terre Haute, IN
Position Type: Adjunct
Education Level: Master's
Job Category: Education
Indiana Tech is a thriving, independent, teaching-oriented institution with a focus on career-oriented programs in business, engineering, information technology and computer science, criminal justice, life sciences, human services, and many other concentrations. Indiana Tech enrolls nearly 1,500 students in its traditional undergraduate programs on its picturesque main campus and nearly 5,000 students in its College of Professional Studies programs online and onsite at 15 regional locations. Degrees are offered at the associate, bachelor, master, and doctoral levels.
Over 41% of our students are either globally or domestically diverse; this contributes to our unique vibrant and inclusive campus community. All academic programs are designed to provide students with relevant and practical experiences, including an emphasis on internships. The university is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Indiana Institute of Technology embraces diversity and equal opportunity intentionally. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success with respect to educating our students to become global citizens. Indiana Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Indiana Tech has big plans for its future. Learn more at Indiana Tech Strategic Plan.
Indiana Tech is accepting applications for Adjunct Faculty to teach in the undergraduate Composition and Communication courses in programs in the Terre Haute area. We are looking for part-time faculty in the areas of:
- Introduction to College Writing
- Argument Writing
- Analytical Writing
- Research Writing
- Intro to Communication
- Oral Communication
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- As needed, instruct courses as defined by course and learning objectives established through the college and defined in teaching letter of agreement.
- Grade all assignments within 72 hours of the respective course deadlines.
- Reply to students within 24 hours.
- Report final grades for all students.
- If required, collect assessment data for the course.
- Provide a supportive and engaging learning environment for a diverse student population.
- Support efforts to increase access and success in higher education for underrepresented. students.
- Support the mission, vision, and strategic plan of Indiana Institute of Technology.
Qualifications & Experience
- Master’s degree required, Ph.D. in English, Writing, Rhetoric and Composition, or Communication is preferred.
- Previous teaching experience preferred.
- Student-centered teaching approaches preferred.
Work is normally performed in a typical classroom environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Statement of Inclusion:
Indiana Institute of Technology embraces diversity and equal opportunity intentionally. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success with respect to educating our students to become global citizens. Indiana Tech is an equal opportunity employer.